free hit
counters
Elise 240 Final Edition - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elise 240 Final Edition

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was the big day!!! My solar yellow 240 FE was delivered. Looks fab. Drives fab and it’s put a smile on mine and my daughters faces. Central Lotus in Nottingham were great. Even though it wa

One final photo after the first weekend... I may have to hide the keys from myself or I’ll never keep the mileage down 😁

Someone mention yellow, popular colour for a lotus 😍😍😍

Posted Images

@PR35H, as these cars have sold so well, it's unlikely you'll see much of a discount if any as the dealer know that if you don't buy it, it's a matter of very little time until someone else does. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

17 hours ago, SFO said:

240 FE didn't sell out like the 250 Cup. Plenty of dealer stock will be available IMO. 

I would wait until the stocks arrive, and do a deal on one of them. 

this is pretty much your spec .. stock car, so there must be a deal to be done 

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Elise-N121/

Don't see why just because is a stock car they would be willing to do a deal on a car that is nearly all sold out

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

21 hours ago, PR35H said:

. I mentioned it to a friend I saw today and he said ‘nice hairdressers car’ when I mentioned it 🤬 

It’s what folks say when they can’t admit that they are jealous👍

• Haha 1

Congratulations fantastic car in a great colour 🏆

12 minutes ago, PR35H said:

Well.... I test drove it and have bought it. What a fantastic little car. And what massive smiles it gave me today. New dash is great. Really adds a nice modern touch without a car having to be full of buttons and nonsense. Looking forward to sharing the experience with my family. 

What colour was it a stock car 

Any tips on insurers would be appreciated please. I don’t intend to track the car but maybe the option to would be sensible. Are there any clubs that being a member of helps with premiums? Thanks 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

7 hours ago, AstonGoes said:

Have purchased yellow car from Silverstone very happy with spec 

Congratulations. If you’re like me you won’t be able to stop thinking about it. Haven’t been this excited for a car for years!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PR35H said:

Congratulations. If you’re like me you won’t be able to stop thinking about it. Haven’t been this excited for a car for years!!!

Had a lot of Elise’s S1, S2 and a 220 but just feel the final editions have 25 years of development and lots of nice bits too - have seen the carthrough a tiny window - how sad are we - pick up next Saturday 

• Like 1
On 24/03/2021 at 21:04, AstonGoes said:

I don’t think so it’s a well supported off the shelf unit I believe with lotus software 

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/all-new-digital-instrument-pack-creates-the-perfect-lotus-track-day-tool.html

That's not the aim dash that is being fitted to the FE cars.

30 minutes ago, AstonGoes said:

Had a lot of Elise’s S1, S2 and a 220 but just feel the final editions have 25 years of development and lots of nice bits too - have seen the carthrough a tiny window - how sad are we - pick up next Saturday 

Sad only until we’re behind the wheel!!

What colours have you had over the years? I was unsure about the yellow until I saw it in the flesh and then loved it straight away. 

4 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

That's not the aim dash that is being fitted to the FE cars.

The dealer I spoke to said that AIM dash wasn’t road legal. This new dash doesn’t have all the maps and tuning functions.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PR35H said:

Sad only until we’re behind the wheel!!

What colours have you had over the years? I was unsure about the yellow until I saw it in the flesh and then loved it straight away. 

The dealer I spoke to said that AIM dash wasn’t road legal. This new dash doesn’t have all the maps and tuning functions.

No idea have an aim dash going in Ultima so confused but surely you cannot have maps etc on dash 

On 23/03/2021 at 18:53, PaulCP said:

It’s what folks say when they can’t admit that they are jealous👍

Yesterday he showed me his new Audi and the massive Union Flag & GB on the plates that have replaced the EU flag. Couldn’t help thinking ‘That’ll look superb on the lotus’ 😎🇬🇧☀️ 

3 minutes ago, AstonGoes said:

No idea have an aim dash going in Ultima so confused but surely you cannot have maps etc on dash 

The new dash seemed pretty simple. Analogue style dash until you hold the Sport button and then it changes to a digital mode with gear change indicators. Didn’t look like there was any other functionality, but I didn’t play with it for long.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, PR35H said:

The new dash seemed pretty simple. Analogue style dash until you hold the Sport button and then it changes to a digital mode with gear change indicators. Didn’t look like there was any other functionality, but I didn’t play with it for long.  

I've not seen an actual FE dash but I have been sent a PDF of the 7 pages covering it in the handbook. Indeed the display formats are limited to a Start Up Display and two screen display modes, Analog with a circular tacho and Digital with a linear bar tacho near the top of the screen. Both have a large central digital speed indicator.  A single page covers them both in the Handbook.  The other pages cover the myriad of indicators around the periphery of the screen and preferences regarding them. 

I do hope this is not a harbinger of Lotus's future mindset but stretched across the top of the screen is a row of gear/rpm lights, 3 green on the left, 4 amber in the middle, and three red on the right. Good - no issue with that, but the handbook comments against each colour basically say to stay green: "Suitable gear for current rpm". Not what I've regarded as routine when driving a Lotus. 

It may be that all lights of a colour operate together rather than progressively through the rev range- surely a missed opportunity if that is so - but that would give some justification for the instruction re red lights to "reduce rpm or change gear immediately".  I look forward to learning just how they do operate and how calibrated against rpm.

Edited by mdavies
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mdavies said:

I've not seen an actual FE dash but I have been sent a PDF of the 7 pages covering it in the handbook. Indeed the display formats are limited to a Start Up Display and two screen display modes, Analog with a circular tacho and Digital with a linear bar tacho near the top of the screen. Both have a large central digital speed indicator.  A single page covers them both in the Handbook.  The other pages cover the myriad of indicators around the periphery of the screen and preferences regarding them. 

I do hope this is not a harbinger of Lotus's future mindset but stretched across the top of the screen is a row of gear/rpm lights, 3 green on the left, 4 amber in the middle, and three red on the right. Good - no issue with that, but the handbook comments against each colour basically say to stay green: "Suitable gear for current rpm". Not what I've regarded as routine when driving a Lotus. 

It may be that all lights of a colour operate together rather than progressively through the rev range- surely a missed opportunity if that is so - but that would give some justification for the instruction re red lights to "reduce rpm or change gear immediately".  I look forward to learning just how they do operate and how calibrated against rpm.

8 m 35 s he talks about the shift indicators 

• Like 1