free hit
counters
Elise 240 Final Edition - Page 3 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elise 240 Final Edition

6 minutes ago, PR35H said:

8 m 35 s he talks about the shift indicators 

Yes not really a concern as other than having a habit of glancing at temp gauge - S1 ownership and Elan S2 wedge habit - I don’t often look at dash so it’s nice to have digital but I always like the stack dials if I am honest 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was the big day!!! My solar yellow 240 FE was delivered. Looks fab. Drives fab and it’s put a smile on mine and my daughters faces. Central Lotus in Nottingham were great. Even though it wa

One final photo after the first weekend... I may have to hide the keys from myself or I’ll never keep the mileage down 😁

Someone mention yellow, popular colour for a lotus 😍😍😍

Posted Images

PR35H, thanks for pointing out that brief mention in the video. I could see only a limited view of a quick flash of red as he reached the soft limiter, but not a good enough view to see what it did in detail as, presumably, he accelerated through the amber zone - or if there was any progression.  Enjoy finding out!

As many others I'm told, I've enquired about availability of that dash for retro-fitting.  Someone generally well-informed said that he believed not at present, but felt it was not impossible in future.  Depends on Lotus's manufacturing plan I suppose.  If strictly a batch build I imagine that, apart from some for spares, there won't be any to retrofit. But then I've read that physically it is the AIM dash, just with Lotus software. So anything is possible.

Lots to learn before before taking a view. Expect you will be giving feedback!

Trying to decide between the Magnetic Orange or the Azure blue. One subtle one in your face..... Haven't seen an orange Elise without black pack, perhaps that's essential to break up the orange - difficult to work out but nice problem! Not many slots left and not many small car companies that have just sold 200 cars in a few weeks..

• Like 1

Orange, no black pack:

https://hofmanns.co.uk/cars/lotus-elise-220-sport-last-one/

Just sold at Hofmanns, there really aren't many cars about now! 

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Review in Top Gear Magazine...

https://apple.news/AD640mpYYSvCMvnzZiM-7LQ 

9/10 I’m very pleased I’ve got one on the way.

4 hours ago, Woodman said:

Trying to decide between the Magnetic Orange or the Azure blue. One subtle one in your face..... Haven't seen an orange Elise without black pack, perhaps that's essential to break up the orange - difficult to work out but nice problem! Not many slots left and not many small car companies that have just sold 200 cars in a few weeks..

The Elise screams fun and for me after such a shocking year I decided it had to be a fun colour. I was unsure though if I’d like a bright colour but seeing a yellow one in the flesh just works. Orange was my second choice. On a practical note with so many SUV’s and cyclists on the road... bright colours for such a low car makes sense from a safety perspective too. Good luck!!! 

• Like 1

Yes still works in orange without black pack, in fact I think I prefer it. Mine will be close to the end in November so I still have a little while to vacillate between Orange and Azure Blue. I have an Azure Blue Caterham and sometimes think a brighter colour would be more noticeable to other traffic so leaning towards Orange... until tomorrow :-).

• Like 1
On 01/04/2021 at 14:57, JG220 said:

because they sit around 10mm lower than the no carbon version. hence why you get about the same gap to the door card

Strange, I would have thought carbon weave and gelcoat would be thicker than leather etc. Interesting to here from anyone who has picked up a 240.

50 minutes ago, PR35H said:

I’ve also put on weight but haven’t lost my youthful spirit 🤣

But have twice the power - I must admit the S1 at times needed worked very hard - but that was also part of the fun trying to carry as much speed as possible through corners, the 240 feels very grown up - but still retains the Elise DNA strongly - even the visible glue lines 

• Like 2

I have picked up somewhere that some of the carbon 'bits actually way the same as the standard panels. I was thinking of maybe adding the carbon trunk lid, but is it light at all or is it just aesthetics?

Yes it is lighter and it has 2 oval grills instead of the standard 3 on the GRP lid.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

16 minutes ago, AstonGoes said:

Love the car - all extras and painting of other bits look great  ours is a stock car from Silverstone- another dealer I would recommend fully - ours is solid yellow - very bright 

The yellow just works so well on the Elise. It’s such a fun colour.  Maybe we’ll have to have a Final Edition meet at some point 😎

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Trebor_UK said:

Had a good look around that (or one very similar) in the showroom a few weeks ago, before they did the interior updates.

Thoroughly agree with your comments on Central Lotus too, really nice people, proper Lotus enthusiasts.

Mine should be coming in early August 😃

The more the merrier 😁

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Trebor_UK said:

Had a good look around that (or one very similar) in the showroom a few weeks ago, before they did the interior updates.

Thoroughly agree with your comments on Central Lotus too, really nice people, proper Lotus enthusiasts.

Mine should be coming in early August 😃

We are going to Nottingham on 17th for showroom opening and a free lunch - time slot is 1500 till 1700 will take https://www.instagram.com/p/CNRz3EyFOCf/?igshid=145yq7q56ofgg hopefully see a few people 

• Like 1