free hit
counters
Elise 240 Final Edition - Page 4 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elise 240 Final Edition

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was the big day!!! My solar yellow 240 FE was delivered. Looks fab. Drives fab and it’s put a smile on mine and my daughters faces. Central Lotus in Nottingham were great. Even though it wa

One final photo after the first weekend... I may have to hide the keys from myself or I’ll never keep the mileage down 😁

Someone mention yellow, popular colour for a lotus 😍😍😍

Posted Images

On 11/04/2021 at 22:46, PR35H said:

One final photo after the first weekend...

I may have to hide the keys from myself or I’ll never keep the mileage down 😁

3C410A95-8ADC-4771-B119-2B784D804A54.jpeg

Looks great- booked 1k service when we picked up - to get it out of way as quickly as possible 

• Like 1

Is that Solid Yellow?

Great to see Alex Goy back in an Elise, he and Henry Catchpole are such great motoring journalists and Alex was always a Lotus fan.

I hadn't driven an Elise for 20 years so drove the 220 this week. Car is the same but so different in the key areas for me of build quality, lack of squeaks and rattles etc. Soundproofing and the twin roof make the car very drivable - would happily do 300 miles in it. Gearchange is as good if not better than the best I have driven so slick and quick. Suspension has that crazy Lotus witchcraft - just flows over rough roads that upset almost every modern car. That is what really struck me, the car feels like you could launch it today as new car and every journo would be raving about how it drove. It just hasn't dated at all. very pleased to have secured a slot just need to decide the colour,  I hate, hate, hate  being flashy but then metallic orange and yellow look soo good! Seriously didn't want to give the car back after the test so can totally understand locking the keys away.........

Drove my caterham straight after and its a very interesting comparison! both brilliant but clear differences. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Is that Solid Yellow?

Great to see Alex Goy back in an Elise, he and Henry Catchpole are such great motoring journalists and Alex was always a Lotus fan.

I hadn't driven an Elise for 20 years so drove the 220 this week. Car is the same but so different in the key areas for me of build quality, lack of squeaks and rattles etc. Soundproofing and the twin roof make the car very drivable - would happily do 300 miles in it. Gearchange is as good if not better than the best I have driven so slick and quick. Suspension has that crazy Lotus witchcraft - just flows over rough roads that upset almost every modern car. That is what really struck me, the car feels like you could launch it today as new car and every journo would be raving about how it drove. It just hasn't dated at all. very pleased to have secured a slot just need to decide the colour,  I hate, hate, hate  being flashy but then metallic orange and yellow look soo good! Seriously didn't want to give the car back after the test so can totally understand locking the keys away.........

Drove my caterham straight after and its a very interesting comparison! both brilliant but clear differences. 

Yes. It’s the solid yellow. I was the same about not wanting a flashy colour. I decided I wanted something bright and fun though yellow and orange were my two favourite colours in the end. Good luck choosing!!

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I see, so you can't get these from factory. 

I don’t believe you can. A good dealership should be able to sort this for you though. They do look good against the wheels 

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

Bet you are out this weekend?

Yes... Ice cream in the Dales 😁☀️

032CDB18-AC85-406E-BD28-02F87CD32CE4.jpeg

• Like 2

Interesting to hear Matt Windle MD of Lotus in Road&Track:-

Matt Windle notes there was some consideration to keeping the Elise around. "Yes. It's not easy to say goodbye to that car. It's an icon. I bought one, as well, actually. I've been mulling it over for ages and I decided to finally put my money where my mouth is," Windle tells us. "I recognize it's an icon and I definitely want to have one in my garage.

Do we know how many of the FE’s are being built. Initially I thought it was unlimited, but then I read it was 201 cars? Does anyone know when production is scheduled to stop?

Edited by Woodman

I’ve ordered a certificate of provenance which should tell me what number my car is in the final run. Won’t be getting it for a while though I’ve been told. It will be very interesting to see how many FE’s they build.

I was told by the mechanic at Central Lotus at their open day that all the build slots have now been sold. He also said that of all the Elise variants, the FE 240 is the most complete car for road use. 

It’s a shame that the Emira isn’t going to be a hybrid and the FE’s won’t be the last combustion engine Lotus. I am hoping that the Emira will be a larger and more expensive car than the Elise. 

Emira is very different - Its a daily driver, two seater fixed head coupe. WIll be more powerful, heavier and larger and have more tech. Its probably more an Evora replacement than Elise. The 4 cyl will be dCT only - no manual - The V6 and updated EVora style Toyota, The EMira will I am sure be good, but the Elise is smaller  and an icon. Evora will launch with the V6 and an £80 k on the road price. 

• Like 1
On 11/04/2021 at 23:46, PR35H said:

One final photo after the first weekend...

I may have to hide the keys from myself or I’ll never keep the mileage down 😁

3C410A95-8ADC-4771-B119-2B784D804A54.jpeg

Can you set the digital dash so you can see what gear you are in? The "normal" AIM dash has this option but I am curious if this version has it as well.