free hit
counters
Elise 240 Final Edition - Page 5 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise 240 Final Edition

5pence

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So my car should have been completed week 28, then slipped to week 29, but now estimated week 38 - so end of September with collection in October if it doesn't slip further.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait .. ... might just have to order some more merchandise in the meantime.

Edited by Trebor_UK

2021 Lotus Elise Sport 240 FE in Solid Red, Red Interior Colour Pack, AirCon, Floor Mats, Cruise Control, Stereo, Satin Anthracite 10-spoke forged wheels.

• Gold FFM

Sounds about right.

mine was week 23, it’s now missed the summer shutdown and should be start/middle of September.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

41 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Sounds about right.

mine was week 23, it’s now missed the summer shutdown and should be start/middle of September.

Summer shutdown, I hadn't figured that in.  Probably explains some of the slip, so hopefully not waiting on too may parts to get it finished. Softtop roof's I know are limited but unsure what else may be an issue.

Either way, I'm sure the smile when it arrives will be worth it and the delays will soon be forgotten when I start driving it.

2021 Lotus Elise Sport 240 FE in Solid Red, Red Interior Colour Pack, AirCon, Floor Mats, Cruise Control, Stereo, Satin Anthracite 10-spoke forged wheels.

Well mine was a week 47 November build and it arrived at the dealer on Thursday!! Was a bit of a surprise, but a nice one😀. As has been said elsewhere Lotus have no soft tops,  so supplied with a Matt black FOC Hardtop with the soft top to follow. I may see if I can get the Hard top sprayed but as I wasnt going to get one perhaps not - Now considering PPF and ceramic. Not an area I know much about. Apparently Lotus PPF the rear clam? If the whole car is PPF covered is there any point in having a ceramic coating?

• Like 1

Makes it easier to clean. There are ceramic coatings made just for cars with PPF too :)

eg - https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2019/05/10/4-reasons-why-you-absolutely-need-a-ceramic-coating-on-ppf

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/10/2021 at 20:56, Trebor_UK said:

Not long to wait now, car arrived with dealer last week.

IMG_4132.thumb.jpeg.abd56c0d6c910134d74f72e903a1e56b.jpeg

Gone off for PPF and ceramic coating.

Hope to be collecting around the end of the month.

Hoping for some decent weather in November to get the running in miles done and get acquainted with the car.

Looks fantastic without the black pack 😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SFO said:

Looks fantastic without the black pack 😍

Yes, I much prefer the look of the front clam without the black pack.

Just want to get driving it now 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a Wally 🤭

He ordered the wrong colour & trim combo. Not the fault of Lotus.

He didn’t read the stereo instructions so couldn’t use his phone or play music. Not the fault of Lotus. 

He’s a little bit chubby and struggled to get into it. Not the fault of Lotus.

He wanted to use it as Grand Tourer instead of a Sports Car and struggled with luggage space and long drives on motorways.  Not the fault of Lotus.

But hang on … after the run in mileage service and when he got it on proper roads he loved it and described it as superb.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I didn't make it past the first 2m 30s. The guy just came across as a prat. I had to close down the video.

Social Media has a lot to answer for.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

To many of them out there making these videos. There are a few worthy ones though. Harry Metcalfe probably one of my favourites, he has a in-depth car knowledge, presents really well, just sold his Esprit and has a Emira on order. So will look forward to his offering.

You are going to love your Elise @5pence !  Drove mine for the first time in almost two months at the weekend (in the rain too!) and it just reminds me how good are to drive, at any speed.  They are certainly exhausting to drive over long distance but it just feels like such an event!

Looking forward to see pics of your new car and hearing your thoughts!

• Thanks 1