Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
If you didn’t get the Evora what else were you considering? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

If you didn’t get the Evora what else were you considering?

Celica

7 hours ago, RHDV8 said:

Thanks for the insight, the combo of folding hard top, open air motoring and a hint of Q car is appealing but I guess it’s something that needs to be tried.

It can be fun.  I took it on a run through the Swiss alps in the Summer and I never got board of revving it out in the tunnels (my wife might disagree) but the corners were no great fun and the brakes overheated coming down from the mountains!  It has a lot of pro's as a fun cruiser but (IMHO) it's not much of a sports car

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Having owned a 4c the Evora was my primary after putting it through it paces, the GT4 was my runner up.  The 570s I didn't test till much later (I still prefer the Evora, though the Mac is amazing).

I ended up with the GT4 because I couldn't make a deal on the Evora,  the trade in offered on my 4c was abysmal, whereas the trade in on the GT4 offered was over 20k my purchase price on the 4c.  Though there was an agreement that I would produce a substantial amount of videos.

In that, I'm waiting for Evora prices to drop, it's still my dream car 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, Jason is Chasing said:

Having owned a 4c the Evora was my primary after putting it through it paces, the GT4 was my runner up.  The 570s I didn't test till much later (I still prefer the Evora, though the Mac is amazing).

I ended up with the GT4 because I couldn't make a deal on the Evora,  the trade in offered on my 4c was abysmal, whereas the trade in on the GT4 offered was over 20k my purchase price on the 4c.  Though there was an agreement that I would produce a substantial amount of videos.

In that, I'm waiting for Evora prices to drop, it's still my dream car 

What kind of videos are they expecting Jason to give you such a good deal? 🤔

29 minutes ago, TdM said:

What kind of videos are they expecting Jason to give you such a good deal? 🤔

I've already produced them, so it's done.  I just did road reviews on their cars, all of which were honest from my perspective.  I like YouTube,  but I'm a hobbiest,  they did sell those cars in good time so that was of value to them.  I didn't know up until recently my reviews would be used as anything other than entertainment,  so that was eye opening for me

• 1 year later...

https://ark70.smugmug.com/Drives/

Look at the picture and ask yourself, with what car you like to be on these roads.. 😉

(and the hours driving there... 🙂..)

• Like 2
For the few who know the difference

I was considering a Gallardo but then I got kids. 

Owned a California for a while which was more practical for road trip and a great engine but nowhere dynamically compared to the Evora.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2022 at 07:12, AK70 said:

https://ark70.smugmug.com/Drives/

Look at the picture and ask yourself, with what car you like to be on these roads.. 😉

(and the hours driving there... 🙂..)

Deeply envious of the photo stock I really need to grasp the use of my DSLR camera and take it out of the bag and use it ! 😮

• Thanks 1