free hit
counters
Jacking points for getting all 4 wheels off the ground? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Jacking points for getting all 4 wheels off the ground?

How is one supposed to lift all 4 wheels of the car off the ground with just a trolley jack and axle stands? All I can find documented is the 4 obvious jacking points under the car, but it looks like I am going to need all 4 wheels off the ground and I'm kind of stumped.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check out this thread: 

But yes, it can be done with just a trolley jack and some flat-top jack stands. I wouldn't recommend using axle stands. 

A pair of portable hydraulic ramps are worth investing in - used mine loads of times and makes it very easy to lower the car on to stands.

0.jpg

My problem is that with one side of the car jacked up high enough to get my axle stands under the car (with a hockey puck) I can’t get the jack under the other side of the car. 

In the end my local garage loaned me lifting some wheel dollies which got the car up high enough. 

The process I use involves 2 jacks. 

1 jack under the rear jacking point then getting that up

- Put a stand under the front jacking point

- Then take the second jack and a piece of wood under the tire and jack that up off the first jack 

- Remove first jack and replace with a jack stand 

- Lower car onto jack stands 

- repeat on other side 

On 16/02/2021 at 14:14, G. Bell said:

My problem is that with one side of the car jacked up high enough to get my axle stands under the car (with a hockey puck) I can’t get the jack under the other side of the car. 

In the end my local garage loaned me lifting some wheel dollies which got the car up high enough. 

Wooden blocks are just as effective. Jack one side, put a block under the wheels, jack other side.