free hit
counters
RIP John Mountain, Electrical Engineer Guru for Lotus Delorean onwards - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

RIP John Mountain, Electrical Engineer Guru for Lotus Delorean onwards

My father has been friends with John since their days on the Delorean project when Dad took John on as a contractor to sort many of the electrical issues they were having. he was so Pleased that John was taken on at Lotus as an Electrical Engineer, working for MJK through many and varied projects you will all recognise . They have been friends ever since.

John was always so supportive of MJK and pushed him to be more involved in the history of Lotus and introduced him to pages like "Lotus Remembered" on FB and they had been very close these past few years, even holidaying together on Johns Boat. John was also at Ollie Winterbottoms Convoy and ran an M100.

My father is a very private man when it comes to his emotions and he is devastated at losing one of his best friends, who he was only speaking to Sunday about his M100.  John will be missed by the whole community and also by myself as we had got to speak over the last few years about everything from his boat to the fact he was at Addenbrookes the same time as my Daughter was working there. Condolences to all his family and friends and especially Viv his wife. RIP John.

May be an image of text that says "LOTUS L"

May be an image of 2 people, car and outdoors

No photo description available.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 4

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father has been friends with John since their days on the Delorean project when Dad took John on as a contractor to sort many of the electrical issues they were having. he was so Pleased that John

Crickey that’s terribly sad. I knew he had been suffering with health issues for a long time but didn’t realise things were this serious especially as he was only posting pictures on FB 4-5 days ago.

This really is a shock . A Lotus man through and through. Always smiling.. will miss our chats at the Bird In Hand.  rest in peace .

Crickey that’s terribly sad. I knew he had been suffering with health issues for a long time but didn’t realise things were this serious especially as he was only posting pictures on FB 4-5 days ago. Had a really good chat with him last at the Lotus 70th and thought he was a lovely fellow. 
RIP John 😢

• Love 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

This really is a shock . A Lotus man through and through. Always smiling.. will miss our chats at the Bird In Hand.  rest in peace .

• Like 1

That very sad news, John was a great guy and without doubt a Lotus man through and through. Rest in Peace mate.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

As with all the other sentiments. We spoke with John at the Hethel 70th. He will be sadly missed. RIP sir. MJK, also thinking of you at this sad time knowing your close bond.

Totally guttered! Was so shocked when I heard the news. I know he had a few health issue he was having addressed but this came out of the blue.

Those who met John will tell you he was a top man. I will always remember him smiling and chuckling. I am very pleased to have known him.

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I didn't know John but, from what I've read here and on Facebook, I wish I had.  Sad news for all who knew him.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE