free hit
counters
Mars - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, not the chocolate bars sadly. https://www.facebook.com/events/459724078737826/ https://www.livescience.com/perseverance-landing-sequence.html Nothing short of technical brilliance,

Some great pics been released overnight. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-56238018    

Posted Images

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That drone helicopter should give some interesting Mars pics. 🤞

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

5 hours ago, mayevora said:

That drone helicopter should give some interesting Mars pics. 🤞

It's not Bibs' drones up there is it.

Congratulations to them - a Rover on Mars........My son's ex girlfriend was one of the volunteers who were involved in the assessment of the entries to nominate its name. There was some sort of competition that children entered to choose the name and they had to also provide an essay to support their choice of name.

Not a Land/Range Rover though. I remember one of the newspaper headlines saying someone had found a London bus on the moon.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Haha, I don't think the rover has a controller for the drone! It it's anything like the rover, it'll be a pre-programmed flight with some AI mixed in. 

I'm sure they don't have the 500m or VLOS legal maximum distance either which I hope you're not been breaking! :police: 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Incredible video.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The landing film is astonishingly good. I can’t get my head around we are filming things in relatively high definition and watching close up film from around 200 Million miles away. Stunning. 😳

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Just good luck I think. All the flat ones are hard to see as they're probably end-on to us and really thin, like a flat Pringle! 

• Haha 1

Evora NA

6 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Why are all the planets that we have found seemingly spherical?

A planet is round because of gravity. A planet's gravity pulls equally from all sides. Gravity pulls from the center to the edges like the spokes of a bicycle wheel. This makes the overall shape of a planet a sphere, which is a three-dimensional circle.

I wonder if dark mater planets are also almost spherical or are they only visible via the dark web.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 03/03/2021 at 22:21, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Why are all the planets that we have found seemingly spherical?

As opposed to what, flat?