free hit
counters
Turbo - leaking carb bolt - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Turbo - leaking carb bolt

• Gold FFM

I was doing some carb balancing today - and upon tidying up, noticed the highlighted bolt was wet. It WAS petrol.

Does this bolt regularly come loose? and how can I prevent this whilst still being able to undo it as and when required?

As usual, TIA

DHLA40-Top-Cover.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@thebartman I have lawyers, Pro Bono let’s have him. We will take everything bar the Mother in Law   

Posted Images

Doubtless there is (should be) a fiber or soft metal washer to seal that jet cover. Maybe a little sealant on the existing until the parts get in?

Might be this;

https://www.ricambicarburatori.com/contents/en-us/p227_(55)_Fiber_Ring_for_Dellorto_DHLA_carburetors.html

• Gold FFM

Eeek!  If that's leaking then it's likely my fault/problem.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
On 19/02/2021 at 19:51, Sparky said:

Eeek!  If that's leaking then it's likely my fault/problem.

Don't worry @Sparky , confession noted and stowed away for future 🤣

I'm sure these things do come loose - my question was really about the best practice to resolve any potential recurrence. I know there are all sorts of threadlocks around, but then if needed, I won't be able to undo it ....

I presume these would do?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FIXMAN-871854-Washers-110pce-Multi-Colour/dp/B01M7SMLQX/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=52856542533&dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiApsiBBhCKARIsAN8o_4jH8bY5ltJxDVOA16XzVMmSWg71b-i2UsyQFoNpjKNjiUd7kYX7VWAaArcfEALw_wcB&hvadid=259013649561&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9046142&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=12826543362092649012&hvtargid=kwd-304082351414&hydadcr=26245_1767763&keywords=fibre+washers+set&qid=1613927143&sr=8-5&tag=googhydr-21

@snowrx - I hear that message - and it's already the subject of some research.

@Dan E - Like the idea - but there's no lawyer that does Pro Bono 😉

Let's just have some of his cellar contents when we're allowed to 😉

• Gold FFM
On 19/02/2021 at 19:32, snowrx said:

Thanks @snowrx , had a look in the service parts - no mention of sizes, so I guess I'll just go and measure it when it stops raining and then order some