free hit
counters
Carbon fibre engine bay covers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi,

I've recent purchased some carbon fibre engine bay covers (front and rear). My car originally only came with the front cover so I’ve fitted the bracket to fit the rear section. 

The parts arrived but didn’t come with any parts to mount them to the car.

I've managed to mount the front part ok by removing the rubber grommets from the original cover and attaching the to the new part.

However, I’ve not been able to mount the rear cover as I believe it needs 3 tower clips to attach it that I don’t have. 
I’ve tried to order them from lotus but surprise surprise they are not available and on back order.

Does anyone know what these tower clips look like and if I could purchase them from somewhere else? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

elise-shop.com sell the same fitting kit:

https://www.elise-shop.com/cf-engine-cover-fitting-kit-for-evora-s-p-503105.html

However, bear in mind that a) I’m not sure if they keep them in stock so they might have the same Lotus-orientated stocking issues and b) it’s much cheaper to order all of the separate parts from Lotus directly. 

If it’s just the Tower Clips (3 x A132W6019F Tower Clip) that you are after, have you tried calling some of the larger Lotus dealers to see if they might have them on a shelf somewhere? B&C, Stratton & Silverstone would be where I started asking first.