free hit
counters
Esprit S4s oil gauge wiring diagrams (revised-revised harness) - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit S4s oil gauge wiring diagrams (revised-revised harness)

• Gold FFM

While I was researching to retrofit the absent oil temperature gauge into my S4s I noted that the revised wiring harness diagrams are not correct for the S4s. The S4s witing diagrams for the oil pressure switch and gauge is actually a hybrid of the revised harness diagrams and the early V8s, in my case at least. The main difference between the S4 and the S4s is that the VDO oil pressure transducer has an integral low oil pressure switch, whereas on the S4s the gauge transducer and switch are actually separate items.

To that end I drew up what I'm calling the "revised-revised" harness diagram to reflect what is actually there, at least in the case of my early S4s and I thought I'd share it here incase anyone else finds it useful.

Page 6 (Separate oil pressure switch shown instead of combined unit)

sheet_6_revised.thumb.jpg.064f96ea58f3da69dc283019ac24801f.jpg

Page 13 (Oil temperature gauge illumination circuit removed)

sheet_13_revised.thumb.jpg.1faa33d49263f990a4afd5aae1a848b8.jpg

Page 14 (Separate oil pressure transducer shown instead of combined unit and erroneous temperature gauge reference removed)

sheet_14_revised.thumb.jpg.1e594b0bcf061f3f08b5ecdb3846949d.jpg

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tomcattom said:

While I was researching to retrofit the absent oil temperature gauge into my S4s

My '95 S4s didn't have an oil temp gauge, water temp & oil pressure, fuel, boost & a clock only if I remember correctly 😀

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk