free hit
counters
Front Lip Specs - Elise Cup 250 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Front Lip Specs - Elise Cup 250

Can someone with a Cup 250 please measure the distance between the bottom of the front lip and the road, and the lateral distance between the front of the lip and the centre of the front tyre contact patch?

After 17-years of drooling over many and nearly purchasing an S2 Exige or Elise on four different occasions, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a new Cup 250....I just need to know if I can get it up the driveway of the home I just bought - or if I have to sell up!😜(....actually not joking though.).

Thank you in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The the 'angle of approach' you're more interested in which is the angle from the bottom of the front tyre to the bottom of the splitter/lip. That determines if you can get it up the drive more than the height of the bottom of the front of the car alone. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I don't think angle of approach will provide me with exactly what I need for my particular scenario...

It's not as simple as driving from a flat plane (road) onto a ramp (driveway) at a set angle. The geometry involved here is a bit more complicated.

My driveway has a kerb/depression at the bottom - deeper than both the driveway and road - that the wheel falls into. Then the driveway itself starts out at a low angle but arcs up increasingly at the base (I believe to overcome some services which run though that portion, though I need to have a proper survey done).

My hope is that some of these ramps within the curb will lift the car enough to avoid any clashing. This is the video that illustrates the quick-fix I'm keeping my fingers crossed for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUAnpG6Sto

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

The the 'angle of approach' you're more interested in which is the angle from the bottom of the front tyre to the bottom of the splitter/lip. That determines if you can get it up the drive more than the height of the bottom of the front of the car alone. 

Just to clarify Bibs, the ground clearance from the front splitter to the rear diffuser is a consistent 140mm?

Thank you Peapod. It looks like the pic of the white one is the side splitter, and the blue one is the front?

Just need the front splitter dimensions. Hard to tell from the angle but that appears to be 130mm between the bottom of the front splitter and the concrete. Is your car on OEM suspension?

The only other dimension I'd need is from the front tyre contact patch to the front-most point of the front splitter, so I know how far out from the front wheel the splitter sticks out (which from pics looks to be well past the front clam).

Thanks so much; unfortunately the dealers here (Australia - at least in Sydney) don't have any 250 Cups in stock for me to measure in person. My wife and I measured an Exige Cup, but the salesman said that the front splitter on the Elise Cup stock out further.

Thank you Peapod. I was actually looking for "X" in the below pic, but with height and the hypotenuse you've given me I can figure that out, and the "angle of approach" should match what Bibs provided.

Just to confirm, based on your pic it looks like it's about 17.5" from the contact patch to the front corner of the splitter, and about 20" to the very front of the splitter?

I think I'll mimic the above with some cardboard on my MX-5 track car and see how much trouble my driveway gives me.

As a last resort...how hard is it to detach/attach the front splitter on the Cup 250s?🤔

Angle Of Approach Full (Marked Up).bmp

Front splitter is removed with a dozen or so bolts from underneath the clam.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel