free hit
counters
Lotus Factory Open day 1977 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Factory Open day 1977

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 minutes ago, jep said:

The production wheels on Elite/Eclat are probably the prettiest wheels ever on a road car. Perfection.

I always preferred these...

Like on the excels I thought that the later OZ looked better than the speedlines - which had those large centre caps that seem to deteriorate quite quickly.

2001_1111AU.JPG

• Gold FFM

581217166_EclatExcelwheelsonredcarperiodpic.jpg.0dc61332282b29348bd0aa9086ba2c05.jpg571170788_Lotus_Eclatwheels.thumb.jpg.bda1ec0bed408d26f29407a1b27362e8.jpg

@exeterjeep those don't 'wow' me. Nice, I had them on my S2.2 Esprit but don't get the juices flowing. I even like the Eclat Excel Supra (?) wheels, which I wanted to put on my Excel but are too small. My 86 Excel has OZ, which a previous owner put on. I do prefer them to the Speedlines, OZ are lighter but go out of balance more readily which in London is a pain.

Justin

2 minutes ago, jep said:

like the Eclat Excel Supra (?) wheels

They were also good, had them on my first excel and better than the speedlines. The next 2 excels had speedlines. I did get 4 new speedlines from London lotus - £117.50 inc vat for the 4) as they said they would fit my elite - but they did not. Sold them for a small profit.

On 25/02/2021 at 08:51, exeterjeep said:

Have found a few colour ones from outside the factory.

I have been told that the white bond esprit has non-tartan headrests was probably chassis 0128G which was the main movie car, PPW306R. Lotus sold it in 1998. As I believe there seems to sometimes be several cars with this reg.

• 10 months later...