free hit
counters
Blitz Spirit - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

I lived on the Churchill Naval Estate for about 5 years in Helensburgh! My step-Dad was on the subs at Faslane.

Big bro is the Navy’s Director of Nuclear Propulsion, so well familiar with Faslane IIRC he’s a Commodore now. Spent most of the Trump era in Washington, flying back and forth in the US generals private jet. Apparently it’s the only way to travel. 

That’s a funny story. His counterpart for the Yanks turned up one day in “The toy” Took Mark outside to show him, to which my brother said, oh and Evora. “Yes says his counterpart, surprised you know what it is”. My brothers response, “Oh yes, my little brother just chopped one of those in for a 400”. I took him out for a spin the next time they were in the UK. 

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I don’t think they need go through a blitz to toughen them up but I do think they need to get a sense of perspective about some of their perceived problems. It is quite possible to bring child

Anybody else watch this programme on BBC1 last night, presented by historian Lucy Worsley? I sincerely hope it was being watched by all the whingeing gits who think they’ve been so hard done by over

And even that was in black and white

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

In theory, yes. But in reality it was scary.

It meant thousands were unable to move for normal reasons unless they could somehow clear the negative differential. But the worst case scenario was being unemployed, and not able to pay the mortgage, and there was a lot of it about at the time. Then you were really up the creek with no paddle because the lenders weren't anywhere near as sympathetic as they are today, foreclosure was common. Two friends of mine lost their houses to it, and ended up in rented accommodation. The rest is history, as house prices rose, and dragged the victims out of the situation.

Yes, very true. I do remember it well but was fortunate enough to not be caught out by it as stayed in work and did not need to move.  But you are right, it was very scary at the time. But then, according to the generation of today, remember, we had easy! :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I am lucky my kids have a "Can do" attitude as they have been brought up that the harder they work the more they get. Not "I demand you pay me a living wage for doing the least I can get away with" attitude I see from their friends.

And the point is when they look back, this is what they will really thank you for!  (and obviously for being there etc...).

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

18 minutes ago, march said:

I think Exeter had a bit too much Blitz Spirit:

We heard the bang and we are about 6 miles west of Exeter. Residents not allowed back even by Sunday night. There is a care home next door to the bomb site and a number of properties had some damage. And they are still not allowed home 

Not as big a bang than the one we had in Hemel Hempstead when the Bouncefield oil depot blew up some years ago - we lived about 3 miles from that one and the fire burned for ages and the damage on the industrial estate was mega..