free hit
counters
De-Seamed Esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

De-Seamed Esprit

• Gold FFM

Does anyone know the history behind this Turbo Esprit for sale at Castles / Hilton & Moss ?

It seems it was stored for some time before undergoing some form of restoration.

Interestingly, whoever did it, thought that de-seaming it would be a good things as well as putting in mis-matched seats.

Any info on this from forum members ?

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a host of things not quite right (standard) about this car. Not necessarily a problem but they should be reflected in the asking price which, at £41k, they are clearly not.

According to the description, the restorer deleted the roof rails as well. I am not an expert but it does look a little high, maybe it is a mild off-road version 😀 Here is another photo show

It’s had its suspension bolts torqued while it’s been off the ground. For a full rebuild - you would have thought the seats would match and the headlights sit correctly.

Posted Images

It’s needing brought down a peg or two I know that much.....you could just about crawl under it and out the other side😳.....would look a hundred times better with shorter springs.

I hadn’t noticed the de-seam.....but not surprising being black. 

I thought I’d post a pic for ref. and

to show the height v another one they sold previously. The larger decals suit it better too😎

AC4C78E5-D5D8-4550-B4C9-981B44F7930A.jpeg

5ADB172B-2509-4AFE-9900-96E9A8363F16.jpeg

• Gold FFM

According to the description, the restorer deleted the roof rails as well.

I am not an expert but it does look a little high, maybe it is a mild off-road version 😀

Here is another photo showing the de-seaming

mXABkRF.jpg

Anyone, know the car and its history ?

Edited by Bling
  • Like 1

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

The earlier cars sat a lot lower. The change was around the MY85, so this could be a later car. Would be easy to know if it wasn't black, as the later cars had colour coded bumpers., although the decals are for the later car.

For a comparison from back in the late 1980s check the below album in my profile:

My car (82MY), the following image is an 87HC

The  interior retrim isn't quite right as it hasn't got the original puffiness in the leather, but that seems to be normal nowadays,

Got a Wickens badge on the steering wheel, and black normal ACBC one on the nose and wheels.

Interior has definitely been redone and the height should be higher than the earlier models as you say Chris, but this one is still too high

• Gold FFM

It’s had its suspension bolts torqued while it’s been off the ground. For a full rebuild - you would have thought the seats would match and the headlights sit correctly.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Attention to detail seems to be poor on this restoration yet they are asking top money, especially when you compare to the green CEO car sold in November on The Market

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

And the tail pipe alignment....  

NB - As Im sure you are aware, the body seam is structural, I would want evidence that any work had been completed satisfactoriy on the inside - Although I personally would not buy a modified car at that price.

And there is also a possibility that the deseaming was conceived as part of body repair, id also want to rule that out too!

Edited by 910Esprit
  • Like 1

There's a host of things not quite right (standard) about this car. Not necessarily a problem but they should be reflected in the asking price which, at £41k, they are clearly not.

• Like 2