free hit
counters
Esprit V8 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

I'm considering my next car.  I've not owned or driven and Esprit before but thinking of opting for a V8.  There are two nice cars on Piston Heads.  So once lock down is over I plan to look at these cars if they are still available.  One to test drive and make sure it meets my childhood dream.  But also to check the car over.

What are the things I need to look at, to make sure I get a good car that could act as a daily if I wanted it to?  

I do have other Lotus alternatives like the Evora 400 that I am also considering.  But it seems rare for an Evora to come up in any colour other than a variation Grey in my price range.  Ideally I would like to cap any budget at £50k.  

Please share your thoughts and advise on Purchasing an Esprit V8.

One other thing. Maintenance As its every 6000 miles I would budge for £3k a year in service and repairs, should that be about right? Is there anyone using their Esprit as daily in either V8  or 900 series variant? if so please share any stories.

All the Best

Greg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worth checking out Lotusespritworld & one of many buyers guides Wellcome & good luck 😃

As usual with any Esprit, you could budget 3,000 per year but it would be oil changes only for several years, then 8,000 in another year.

FWIW, we have averaged around $2000/yr USD on our '88 since 1993.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA