free hit
counters
1980 eclat for sale. Needs complete restoration. - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1980 eclat for sale. Needs complete restoration.

I thought I had sold my Eclat last year. However as always with buyers on eBay, he kept making various excuses etc, time, he had to go into hospital, covid restrictions etc.

At first I was sympathetic however his phone number has now been disconnected!

So now Im going to try and sell it again.

Rant over, here’s the description.

Ive had had the car 12 years and purchased it as a runner. I wasn’t sure whether to recommission it or just keep it for spares.

I purchased another car in bits so have used that over the years to keep mine going.

I have now purchased an Esprit S1 so will never get round to recommissioning the Eclat so it has to go.

Now with there being so  few left, it seems a  shame to break it so am going to sell it as a restoration project.

It has not been ‘messed’ about with. The car is complete except for a front indicator lens.

It is a 521 and has a black leather interior.

Although the engine turns over on the key, I wont try and start it due to the cambelt which will definitely need changing.

It will obviously need a full restoration and is not for the faint hearted.

Underneath is pretty rusty and Im not sure if the chassis will be salvageable.

The steering wheel is broken but I am including a spare. I have remover a rear brake calliper because it had seized up for ease of rolling the car. Drivers door mechanism has been removed due to the rods rusting. (but is of course included)

It is located at Kirkham Lancashire (near Preston). I am happy, and would encourage anyone interested in purchasing it, to come an inspect it.

I have the V5 and it is sorned. There is also a workshop manual on a disc included. (you’ll need it!)

No other paperwork Im afraid.

I have tried to be as honest as I can and if you need any more nfo please just ask.

I have lots more photos than are allowed here, so email me for more. [email protected]

If its easier to chat about the car my mobile number is 07941 612428.

The car sold for £1900.00 on ebay. However with the hassle I had, and now covid I am asking for £1500.00.

The post 1980 eclat for sale. Needs complete restoration. appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am selling my 1980 Eclat as a restoration project for £1500.00

Its a shame to break her, especially seeing as there are so few left.

I have put an ad in the classified section so check it out!

1.JPG