free hit
counters
Meghan Markle interview (with a bit of Harry Windsor) - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Meghan Markle interview (with a bit of Harry Windsor)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I didn’t watch the interview, but saw plenty of clips. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but this is how I see it. C-List divorcee in a run-of-the-mill US TV show somehow gets a blind

Australians really don't mince their words, which is refreshing. The contrast with Princess Anne and Zara Phillips was a point well made:  

Posted Images

Piers M said less than 5% of what the Aussie guy said.

Wonder if she’ll  now be asking for his removal and suing the network for broadcasting his views🤔

22 hours ago, RobinB5 said:

...and one must wonder whether her choice of dress for the interview was a conscious decision.  

Looks like she borrowed it from Monica Lewinsky..

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It has now been confirmed that they didn't have a "secret wedding" 3 days before the big bash at the Abbey.

She said she did no research before meeting the Queen.  This was either very arrogant, very stupid or very untrue.  You surely would get some advice before meeting you fiance's mother.

Couldn't Harry or the Palace doctor have helped her with her mental health issues?

Harry complained that Charles wasn't paying him an allowance any more.  He's a multi-millionaire in his 30's for goodness' sake.  I think he has enough in the bank to live on.

So much of the interview doesn't stack up but the damage is done with the many who won't think about it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

I think as time goes on we will find out that a lot of what was said was questionable in its provenance and some people who have fallen for the "story" in a big way may well end up being quite embarrassed by it and their responses to it.  

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that this has been a carefully, celebratory stage managed, pity me PR exercise and I for one will be very disappointed to see Harry back in the UK performing any sort of role representing the UK or the "family".  I also think that given their views and the accusations they have levelled that they should re-build their credibility by giving up their titles completely and stopping playing on their "royal" links and privileges.  Otherwise it will be very hard to really take them seriously at all.

Harry should change his name to Harry Markle as it is obvious who is wearing the trousers in that relationship and calling the shots. Well, obvious to me.

I don't wish them any ill will at all. In fact I wish them a very happy and fulfilling life. Just not as being in anyway related to the Institutions that are the UK and the Royal family. They just need to now make a clean break and go their own way. Preferably, quietly.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I think that interview totally backfired on them, I think the public have much less support for them now.

It's a shame the way they conducted them selves bought up important issues like racism and mental heath but without any real substance.   As a result I think it has tarnished the reputation of these issues and people may not take them as seriously as they should because the Markle's have cried wolf. 

There are so many "🤨WTF?!" moments in that interview, from not thinking what joining the royal family might entail, to expecting titles and protection without doing any royal work etc ...  and the lack of detail around anything, it was hard to take seriously and ended up really annoying me.

Also while I absolutely despise Piers Morgan and think the less of him in public life the better, I'm not sure his exit was justified?  Maybe he had already chalked up enough points from previous shenanigans and this one tipped him over the line?

Absolutely this was stage managed for maximum effect. A lot of what was said was misrepresentation of the truth at best, total lies more likely.

Even at the time many questioned some of the "Revelations". With no substance and all of them the sort of revelation you can't question without being seen as either racist or uncaring of mental health. Yes, definately well stage managed.

The whole "My son doesn't even have a royal title thing is purely aimed at the American people. Here we know, just because you are the Queens relative doesn't give you a royal title. Look at Zara Tindall. She isn't a Princess and is the oldest Granddaughter of the Queen!

The interesting thing, as I have stated before, is their demands that they do no work (or only work they want to do) but get the British Tax Payer to protect them. Something I am 100% sure the majority of the British Public is against. With Harrys personal fortune expected to be around £17-20 million and hers to be around the £2 million it sounds like petulance and a lack of real world expectations. But taking into account it is costing up to £2 million a year and their income is not close to that, you can see why they are worried and why they are suing news papers at every opportunity and getting as much money in as possible.

They wanted what they have but wanted us and their family to pay for it. Well welcome to the real world. Frankly, I think Harry is an idiot and Megan is ruling the roost on this one. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

41 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

I think that interview totally backfired on them, I think the public have much less support for them now.

But which audience were they looking to gain? I think that it's hurt them in the UK in a big way with the majority but it's been a positive for them in the US from what I understand. It's also not particularly damaging to them for the young in this country. A victim based dynamic works very well with the young these days apparently.

• Like 1

Mental health and racism are brilliant cards to play, as anyone who questions their ‘sincerity’ on these issues will get crucified by the media and it will cost them their jobs, as has happened to a number of individuals.

It is cynical in the extreme.

I don’t believe that the Monarchy will suffer any long term damage from it though. Most right minded people (the usual silent majority) will see right through it.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

What ? Megan’s Black?? 
why didn’t anyone mention it - I’ve never noticed

Only here once

I do find it interesting that Ian Wright in his Mrs Doubtfire role, didn't ask Megan how she felt about racism and Harrys ancestors support for fascism, and Harrys penchant for a Hugo Boss uniform.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Unfortunately, Harry is simply not bright or sharp enough to realise that MM is in full control as she has taken over his meagre brain

Edited by SFO

Does help ones credibility when one is shown to be full of sh1t!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56587992

• Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Presumably that makes the Archbishop of Canterbury a racist as he's questioning what she said? :shock:

Perhaps she will put a complaint into his boss to have him removed?

• Haha 1

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM
33 minutes ago, red vtec said:

Perhaps she will put a complaint into his boss to have him removed?

I doubt it. I've only seen pictures of him, never met him personally, but he looks like an old white guy so undoubtedly he'd be prejudged as being prejudiced against her!

I do find this whole thing rather sad. I've gone from being delighted to hear her and Harry were getting together to being sorely disappointed at how they have conducted themselves in public to garner sympathy.  I feel (obviously all subjective on my part) that this is all down to a spat around them wanting to eat all the cake and have everyone else to pay for it.  Such a shame it has ended up this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

15 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I doubt it. I've only seen pictures of him, never met him personally, but he looks like an old white guy so undoubtedly he'd be prejudged as being prejudiced against her!

I do find this whole thing rather sad. I've gone from being delighted to hear her and Harry were getting together to being sorely disappointed at how they have conducted themselves in public to garner sympathy.  I feel (obviously all subjective on my part) that this is all down to a spat around them wanting to eat all the cake and have everyone else to pay for it.  Such a shame it has ended up this way.

Totally agree, she thought she was going to be queen bee. not understanding that Harry and his wife play second fiddle to the Heir and his family and become les and less relevant as they get pushed down the pecking order. I used to respect Harry, but no more.

• Like 2

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Agree. I have huge respect for Princess Ann and her children. They have shown it is possible to be a part of the Royal family and have a "normal life".  All of this fuss, bluster, PR, intrusions, etc have all been generated by Harry and Megan's belief that they could have it all and it was all theirs to have.  I'd be quite happy if neither of them set foot in the UK again and as soon as this noise has settled down I wish them a quiet happy life somewhere far away. I do though think they need to stop playing on their "titles" and drop all the titles - prince, duchess, hrh etc.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the Archbishop's boss be MM's Grand mother-in-law or however it's phrased (as in QE2)? So a complaint, I'm sure would be well received given the great relationship that's been formed over the past few weeks & months.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Lol - I would expect the Archbishop would view him upstairs as "the boss" with QE2 as his major stakeholder!

I'm just waiting for the next "woke" campaign that says God is sexless and should be referred to in a gender neutral state or term.  It'll come.....  Imagine the cost of that rebranding!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm just waiting for the next "woke" campaign that says God is sexless and should be referred to in a gender neutral state or term.  It'll come.....  Imagine the cost of that rebranding!

The bible tends to take a different view on gender, perhaps the woke brigade will take the author to court. 

• Haha 1

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, red vtec said:

The bible tends to take a different view on gender, perhaps the woke brigade will take the author to court. 

Or tear down his statues maybe?

• Haha 1