free hit
counters
Possible purchase - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello my name is David I am considering buying an elise, there is one for sale at a garage in Colchester called the Lanmere Motor Company. I was just wandering if anyone would have a quick look and give me their opinion on it, particularly is it worth the money. Thanks in advance

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's your budget? Mine has literally just been dropped at Hofmanns Lotus for sale... https://hofmanns.co.uk/cars/lotus-elise-220-sport/ (Current photos from when I bought it) Yes, it's a

https://forums.seloc.org/

Looks spot on and epic in Saffron. Comes with a warranty, what's not to like  

Looks spot on and epic in Saffron. Comes with a warranty, what's not to like :D

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bit too tinkered with for my liking, the gloss black side vents aren't standard (even on a "2019 car" as they highlight), they're normally plastic, not painted.
No Lotus badging on the rear transom.
Very high miles for age, 28k?
Basic interior, fabric not leather or Alcantara.
Number plate plinth removed, does that mean it's had front end respray/work?

Has also been for sale since October 2020 (Date the Youtube Video was uploaded).

And the service history is a bit odd... 800 miles (fine, running in service), 3k miles (probably after 1 yr), 15k (that's 12k since last service, it's meant to be 9k) and 25k (again, 10k miles between services).

• Thanks 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

There are not many Elise in the £27K to £34K bracket to choose from at the moment. I would think a 2017 car would depreciate very little, as 2013 cars with 217bhp in good order are around £27K+ presently. 

I think it a shame it has been 'updated' with 2019 features but that may be a bonus to others. 

If it were with Bell and Colvill the warranty would be very comprehensive. I would ask what the warranty is and what it covers. Having said that, Elise are reliable and I doubt you would have any major issues on a 4 year car, assuming it has been looked after correctly.

Low depreciation, 4 years old, Toyota running gear, yellow with black......appealing.

Justin

• Thanks 1

What's your budget?
Mine has literally just been dropped at Hofmanns Lotus for sale...

https://hofmanns.co.uk/cars/lotus-elise-220-sport/ (Current photos from when I bought it)

Yes, it's a few k more, but over that yellow one... it has...
1 owner vs 2 owner
Forged wheels vs Cast (Lighter)
Full Carpet vs None (Quieter and more cosy)
Hardtop & Soft-top vs just softtop
Alcantara Interior vs Fabric
8650 miles vs 28,000 miles
2 piece brakes vs standard (lighter)
Front End PPF and Ceramic Coated vs nothing
Cat5 tracker (in case insurance require it) vs nothing
Metallic Blue (Cost Option) vs Yellow (free) - I appreciate Yellow might be your preferred colour though :)
Still under Manufacturer 
warranty but also to be topped up with Lotus Main Dealer warranty vs Independent nonLotus Dealer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, CocoPops said:

topped up with Lotus Main Dealer warranty

Do lotus do a manufacturer back used warranty? Or is Hofmans self warrantying? (if not then surely just a "packaged warranty" that any dealer can buy into. I ask as when I bought my first Evora used from a Lotus Dealer it was a WarrantyWise backed warranty it came with (and I had no issues with that warranty).

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Not sure tbh Andy, I guess that's a question for them.

It was more the fact, I was highlighting it still has balance of manufacturer warranty 👍

Hofmanns provide a third party warranty with their sales. 

However, I hear that a Lotus extended warranty and service plan for existing cars is on the verge of being launched. 

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Do lotus do a manufacturer back used warranty?

It's ok the way I believe. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Cool, that is, and will be, great news when it comes. I think it will give people (new to lotus) much more confidence when buying their first used lotus. And usually, when you have had your first, you do come back for your second, third and fourth etc....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!