free hit
counters
The end of production of the EVORA - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The end of production of the EVORA

I had my 400 serviced today and speaking to the Richard at SSC there will be no more EVORA coming to Australia. Press release going out tomorrow to that effect.

The factory only has enough parts for a hundred or so cars and and sadly 4 Australians had there deposits refunded last week. America and China are among the the last countries to get cars.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this good news for the dealers that have the last few Evora’s in stock. Sure there where Customers waiting for the FE and the only opportunity now to buy new is the cars left in dealerships. We sti

My understanding is that the scale of demand for FE Elise and Exige surprised Lotus and used up all the production space to the end of the year.  I was speaking to someone at Lotus yesterday, bus

I’m sure many of these pre production and so called ‘spy shots’ are very carefully planned by the manufacturer concerned in order to ramp up the excitement about a new model. Works for me and I’ll b

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I suppose this does mean no Final edition for the Evora then.  For the people who have had there deposit refunded there the new car coming so that must be a plus and probably puts them in pole position for ordering.  Just looking forward to knowing more about the new car.

All the Best

Greg

Yes no final addition Evora, Exige yes, I was there when one was ordered today. July build if they have enough parts!

The 131 from discussions will be between the EVORA and Exige in size, ally tub and normally aspirated with a Manual box.

SSC has 3 Evora new 410s  left.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

It looks likely that new Evora 410 Stock will be going cheap next year.  Its sad for the dealers. But I guess to be expected when a new car is coming.  Lock down as it is also make car purchasing hard.  Is movement better in Austrailia ?  We can't go to car detailer till April I think.  

I hope that the 131 makes up for any difficulties the Lotus dealers are experiencing currently.

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM
54 minutes ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

We can't go to car detailer till April I think.

I was at a car dealer at the weekend. Bought her a brand new 21 plate car no issues and problems. Not a Lotus. But it was a car and it was a dealer! :)

I do all my buying research online. Can't be bothered with test drives. Identify the model I want and the price I want to pay. Then phone the local dealer and say this is the car and price I want. if you can do it, the deal is yours and money ready now.  This whole transaction this times took 9 days from initial call, to brand new car (off the boat) and on the drive.

Don't see what the issue is and has to be the way forward for car buying. Of course, loads of people love going to dealers and test driving cars they'll never actually buy. Bit like some people who go to house viewings at the weekend (pre-COVID). It's a cheap day out and they are just nosey, bored, sad!

Bought my brand new Evora 410 Sport the same way from Lotus Silverstone (excellent experience by the way). I live 400 miles from the dealer and from first contact to car pick up was 10 days!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, au-yt said:

The 131 from discussions will be between the EVORA and Exige in size, ally tub and normally aspirated with a Manual box.

This is great news 👍🏼

On the plus side, I’d hazard a guess that means only about 100-120 Evoras were ever shifted in Oz. Should be good for our residuals!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

Is movement better in Australia ?

Australia, the entire country had 14 new cases as of yesterday and they were all returned travelers which it is mandatory that they are in hotel quarantine for 14 days.All the boarders are open and moment is not restricted at this point in time and can change at a moments notice . We have mandatory mask on public transport and in Hospitals and other public places.

People are preferring to drive than use public transport so traffic is hit and miss.

One of the last in the SSC showroom

Evora 10 3 21.jpg

7 minutes ago, r3nault said:

On the plus side, I’d hazard a guess that means only about 100-120 Evoras were ever shifted in Oz. Should be good for our residuals!

Good Question, Ill ask tomorrow when I back there.

• Like 2

It's rarely a good idea to buy end-of-line models generally.

Would Lotus really build something anodyne in the near future? I doubt it.

I love my Evora but if I was in the market I would wait to see what the new model is like. If it's not your cup of tea, there will be excess Evora stock to buy at possibly good prices, so it's a win-win for you.

For example, my neighbour bought one of the very last brand-new BMW 640Ds in the country a couple of years back. List price was £72,000 with all the options.

He got it for £36,000 on the road.

8 hours ago, EGTE said:

It's rarely a good idea to buy end-of-line models generally.

Would Lotus really build something anodyne in the near future? I doubt it.

I love my Evora but if I was in the market I would wait to see what the new model is like. If it's not your cup of tea, there will be excess Evora stock to buy at possibly good prices, so it's a win-win for you.

For example, my neighbour bought one of the very last brand-new BMW 640Ds in the country a couple of years back. List price was £72,000 with all the options.

He got it for £36,000 on the road.

highly unlikely to happen with a lotus

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

7 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

No-one else pick up on this?

What engine is it then? I think we were all expecting forced induction (probably supercharged).

The way it was explained yes this will probably be the last of the petrol engines super charged???

From what was explained to me is the collaboration with ALPINE for the next Electric gen of cars and the SUV will be electric..first real hint of this I have heard

11 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

No-one else pick up on this?

What engine is it then? I think we were all expecting forced induction (probably supercharged).

V6 manual at launch, then a 4 cyl turbo with DCT soon after.  My guess is a Volvo-Polestar engine but some speculation it might be another Toyota, at least for the V6.

More than likely Toy

19 hours ago, r3nault said:

closer to 100 all up most are Evora S maybe 20 400's, 4 430s (confirmed).

And definitely no run out EVORA's, and the EVORA has been removed from the Australian LOTUS website.

I think there were 11 Evoras sold in Oz over the last 2 years. 9 in 2019 and only 2 in 2020, unless some more sold since December 2020.

And yes, 4 GT430's and 1 GT430 Sport.

Yan, your probably correct, Richard wasn’t sure as to how many as the numbers from the pre SSC franchise he is not aware. 
there were 7 400’s in 2016. 2017? 2018?

I remember seeing some numbers someone had stitched together from VFACTS or some such. I think the numbers in 2009 and 2010 were drastically poor, like 10-11 total for two years (not surprising due to GFC). Then quite a few 2011-12, maybe 40-50 cars. I'd guess 2013 to 2015 were very quiet, have never seen any for sale from these years. Then 2016 (?) the 400 came out? So I assume there may have been more activity with a refreshed model...

When I added it up, I think it was about 90 cars up to end 2017, so if 2018 was also a lean year, then you're probably both right and the total is close to 100-105.

The thing that interests me too is there were meant to be 40 launch editions in Oz. But I'd reckon many ended up not arriving or leaving our shores since the sales numbers were so low in 2009-10. Even accounting for late sales of them, with more S's and IPS sales from 2012, it seems unlikely they shifted 40 here...

• Like 1

Surely the only reason there won’t be any FE Evoras is because the Lotus chaps scratched their heads before coming to the conclusion they couldn’t improve on it as is! 🤔

That’s what I’m telling myself anyhow.😁

• Like 2