free hit
counters
Pasting TLF Threads - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Pasting TLF Threads

For me., these are no longer coming up with the thread Image, but just a link

Such as

Sunday Breakfast 18th April, Essendon Country Club - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners

I'm just copy & pasting the URL

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I just copy and pasted the one straight from your post!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

There's no permissions about that. Would be telling if someone else can try in this thread to see if it's a server or local issue then I can go to Invision with it if required. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Up to today - although I haven't posted thread links for a while due to there being no meetings, I've just copied the URL and pasted it into the post, and the software has converted it to the "mini thread" post as per Bibs and Andy's second link.

There's a difference between mine & pete's link, in that pete's is the plain URL whereas mine has a translation to the page title - so the software is "doing" something - maybe as it's "my" thread?

Nope - here's one that isn't mine

Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 118 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners

This is the URL link that the above has been translated from
https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/62801-esprit-picture-video-thread/?&page=118#comments

edit to add: when I saved this post, the url (which is in code tags) briefly displayed as the "thread link", before reverting the the url in code tags

• Gold FFM

Let me give this a try:

Seems to work OK. Just copied the URL from the browser bar and pasted, then got this message: "Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead"

That's in FireFox, maybe other browsers have different default settings?

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

It must be the recent update to Edge, as I'm now at work, and the same thing has occurred.

Something different - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/112871-something-different/

ETA: the code line tried to expand - then failed. I'll make a video of it for the next post

I had wondered about something like Java script blocked on your browser, but the fact it starts the process indicates that probably isn't it.

Do you have any add-ons in Edge (equivalent of Chrome Extensions)? Might be worth trying to disable those and if that works then re-enable one by one until  it stops working.

No Javascript blocking - I thought it might be this, but I don't block anything in Edge.

I have AdBlock and Dark Reader as my only extensions 

Hmmm ... turn the Dark reader off then on, and the thread link reappears - or sort of on my screen (but not when I edit the post).

Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 118 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners

edit again: I get the header, the text and a black blob in the middle

I thought it was the recent update to Edge (last week or so) - now has vertical tabs - but maybe not.

Screenshot of the edit

image.png

• Like 1

IPS have asked...

Hello,

How is that user pasting the link? It seems that they may be doing something other than just pasting the URL as it appears to be including the title of the page in a hyperlink. If they are pasting just the URL, I would recommend disabling any browser plugins to see if that helps.

If that does not help, what browser are they using?

Evora NA

CTRL + V

It translates to the title of the thread - as it sticks "The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners" on the end

For the one in the video - you can see me go into Source and add code tags around the link, I was wanting to show what the link I'd pasted was, and was a bit surprised when I submitted that it "tried" to display the link

This is from work - all extensions disabled - header/footer OK, but a black blob in the middle. 

Your link above - absolutely fine.

Same here with that thread.

Evora NA