free hit
counters
Census 2021 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Census 2021

mayevora

Everyone done it?/bothered?

Supposed £1000 fine for not doing it.

I’m sure I’ve done these darn things before but just can’t remember doing one. Filling in for a family of 4 takes around 30 mins but the detail of some of the questions is a bit why on Earth do they want to know all that.

Do they really need/want to know how many O levels I didn’t get 35 years ago? - No

Do they really need to know how on which mode of transportation my wife gets to work? - No

And 3rd time in the last week (on different platforms) and most annoyingly I keep been asked - Do I identify as a male?
- Yes I do!! - I have Bollox and a knob! - I’m going to start enclosing a picture soon!!

😡

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
19 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Had to do a bit of research on the census because my 79 year old quite deaf ex biker neighbour got confused when he had his letter (wot no form) and he had a job trying to phone them, so I phoned to order his paper copy. There is mention on the web site that if one has a problem completing it or it is not completed they may send someone round. Perhaps they come with a credit card machine as well. I think the fine would be a last resort..

5 hours ago, mayevora said:

I’m sure I’ve done these darn things before but just can’t remember doing one. Filling in for a family of 4 takes around 30 mins but the detail of some of the questions is a bit why on Earth do they want to know all that.

Do they really need/want to know how many O levels I didn’t get 35 years ago? - No

Do they really need to know how on which mode of transportation my wife gets to work? - No

And 3rd time in the last week (on different platforms) and most annoyingly I keep been asked - Do I identify as a male?
- Yes I do!! - I have Bollox and a knob! - I’m going to start enclosing a picture soon!!

😡

No. You are supposed to complete it on March 21st I think.

4 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

You mean - anytime before the 21st.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Accurate census data is incredibly important for the current government, future governments and also for historians, genealogists, sociologists and untold other academics.

The questions might not make much sense to you in isolation but they have all been put there for a very good reason.   

Will I do it? Absolutely and very happily. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mayevora said:

You mean - anytime before the 21st.

ISTR that it is meant to be a ‘snapshot’ of a certain day. In this case, 21/03/21 (I imagine). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mayevora said:

It supposed to be who is in your house on the day - no parties/social gatherings

Do they really need/want to know how many O levels I didn’t get 35 years ago? - Yes. All sorts of studies relate to education achieved and current employment patterns or educational achievements between generations etc etc

Do they really need to know how on which mode of transportation my wife gets to work? - Yes. This sort of information is used to plan public transport provisions, road usage patterns, length of commuting studies etc etc

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Could be the last one

No chance. The information might be collected in a different way in the future but the census will certainly outlive all of us. It is too valuable to stop. 

21 minutes ago, pete said:

31 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

The information might be collected in a different way in the future

Diamond said he wanted to explore whether he could get the data currently recorded in the census from a range of other sources”.

41 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

As at the 21st. You can do it early if you know who is going to be in the house on the day and you have some time after.

As Kevin says, you can do it before if you know where you will be on 21st March. 
As it’s my birthday on that day, I know precisely where I will be ...........the same sodding place I’ve been for most of the last year..........here!😤 

Did ours yesterday!

• Like 1

I have been using past Census to trace my ancestors and family line back. While I was completing it online I must admit I thought "Well if someone 200 years from now wanted to know his ancestors I better answer everything truthfully". So I did. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
On 12/03/2021 at 18:59, Spinney said:

As Kevin says, you can do it before if you know where you will be on 21st March. 
As it’s my birthday on that day, I know precisely where I will be ...........the same sodding place I’ve been for most of the last year..........here!😤 

Did ours yesterday!

Afraid it has been one of those years.

Wifes 50th - was supposed to be on a cruise around the Fjords with all 3 kids (1st time with all of them in nearly 10 years) - spent it at home with only 2 of them.

No 2 sons 21st - spent in his bedroom

Work colleague 40th on Friday (just reminded him I spent mine in Vegas, I'm nice like that!)

Really lived it up for my birthday a week or so ago. Trip to Costco and 2, yes 2 garden centres, whoopee!! Do I know how to live, or what.

Glad when things can get back to some normalcy.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

1 minute ago, Colin P said:

you can do it before if you know where you will be on 21st March. 

I might not be at home on that day - no-one can know for certain could have an accident, be in hospital, police custody after attending a demo or something.

Having started ours, my elderly neighbour wants some one to do his, apparently a lot of libraries can do them, with an pre booked session.

• Gold FFM

@exeterjeep Don't remember the details, but somewhere in the pack it said how you could amend it should things change.

nb - I am a middle aged white hetrosexual male and as such I could be a serial killer and not get arrested and am otherwise ineligible for having anything to demonstrate or complain about.

• Gold FFM

Seems a bit odd to still have the census with covid still around as it's not a normal year is it? The data will have been skewed somewhat by the virus.

They should have postponed it to next year like they have in Scotland.

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Mysterae said:

Seems a bit odd to still have the census with covid still around as it's not a normal year is it? The data will have been skewed somewhat by the virus.

They should have postponed it to next year like they have in Scotland.

If we'd postponed it till next year then Sturgeon would have simply insisted it go ahead in Scotland this year. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Colin P said:

If we'd postponed it till next year then Sturgeon would have simply insisted it go ahead in Scotland this year. 

And then blamed the English. 

• Confused 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On 15/03/2021 at 15:42, exeterjeep said:

Having started ours, my elderly neighbour wants some one to do his, apparently a lot of libraries can do them, with an pre booked session.

Explained where the local libraries are, but I knew it would be easier to do it for him, so completed it yesterday. He is almost totally deaf without his hearing aids, which he sometimes fixes himself - so that sometimes they are not working properly. One of the problems is that a couple of the health/employment q's gets a history of his previous jobs and his current health issues etc.  I could have filled in all of it without asking him any questions and would have taken less time.

Still he is happier that it will save him £1000 - he was starting to panic a bit...

As long as I remember to post it.

Filled mine in on census day online using Tor Browser. They're not getting my IP address. Government are probably wondering how I managed to fill in the form from somewhere in Russia...