free hit
counters
Stuck rear liftgate - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Brought my second Elite home recently, and while the paint and interior are quite nice all around, the car is in great need mechanically, with a non-running engine, squishy brakes, a left rear wheel that only rolls forwards(!), and even a few (gasp...) pliable rusty areas of the frame :( .  So it will be a long haul, but I figured worth it for the completeness of the rest of the car, at very least for the parts, or I may just combine it with my first one which has rougher body and interior but is otherwise solid and running.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-lotus-elite/

For now though, I just want to solve the puzzle of the broken rear liftgate glass release.  Even with the release cable fully extended, it seems practically bolted to the latch and won't pry up.

Does anyone know any special tricks to accessing this area, since the glass behind the back seat seals it off?  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen this thread   may be of interest.