free hit
counters
Timing for sprints/hill climbs - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Timing for sprints/hill climbs

Colin67

I’m thinking of investing in a lap-timer/data logger, preferably with integrated video, that I can also use for sprinting or hill climbing. Does anyone have experience of using any of the major manufacturers products for these types of events? My principle requirement is for a display at about eye level that provides simple indication of whether I’m ahead or behind my reference/best run.  

I’ve looked at some equipment standing start procedures, which look too cumbersome in the real world when start/stopping down to a start line under the control of the marshals. They look impractical when your attention should be elsewhere. The best solution seems to be to create a custom track with timing triggered at some point beyond the start, to avoid accidental triggering, and a separate finish line. However, both would need to be capable of being set manually on the morning of the event by hand carrying the device at less than walking pace. Some require setting at speed and are intended to be set within the car, therefore impractical.  (The precise timing is unimportant, just seeking a repeatable basis to improve upon)

Finally, I could see this as a major distraction without any real benefit, but some do seem to give really simple coloured light indication of actual speed entering/exiting bends and delta ahead/behind to help you decide how hard to push. 

All feedback welcome, Thanks.   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic