free hit
counters
front seat base cushion/support - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi guys, whilst I am nowhere near fitting the seats to my Elite Mk1, I took the opportunity to look over, assess and clean them.  I cant say I'm fond of the colour but it is what it is, the vinyl cleaned up OK, the cloth less so, but for a 46 yr old car its not that bad. 

When looking underneath the seat , I think there is a rubber diaphram/ support that's missing, and has been replaced badly with what looks like para cord, can anyone confirm what should be supporting the base cushion and offer a likely alternative.

Thanks2003084716_driversseatunderneath.thumb.jpg.f02ca538ba19593f502281afbaf30660.jpg

drivers seat.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go:   This is the underside one of my leather seats.  As you can see it needs a new rubber diaphragm.  Let us know if you find something suitable!  I had planned to use "inser

There is another pic of the underside in this thread  

I used edpm roofing rubber to make a new diaphragm for my Discovery after the original one failed and I found myself as good as sitting on the floor 😆. It's hand as I have offcuts from work and it can

Posted Images

Here you go:

RIMG0745.thumb.JPG.19b0ff0ec73ec7153d55187d76d72e66.JPG

This is the underside one of my leather seats.  As you can see it needs a new rubber diaphragm.  Let us know if you find something suitable!  I had planned to use "insert" rubber sheeting.

Pete

• Like 1

There is another pic of the underside in this thread

• Like 1

I used edpm roofing rubber to make a new diaphragm for my Discovery after the original one failed and I found myself as good as sitting on the floor 😆. It's hand as I have offcuts from work and it can be layered up using rubber contact adhesive.

• Like 1

I did mine with upholstery webbing. This is elastic rubber strip about 50 mm wide, you get clips that dig into it and then attach to the frame, you do two rows at right angles, it is easy to use and available on the net. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Drawfiler said:

I did mine with upholstery webbing. This is elastic rubber strip about 50 mm wide, you get clips that dig into it and then attach to the frame, you do two rows at right angles, it is easy to use and available on the net. 

Are these the kind of clips you mean (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pandoras-Upholstery-Pirelli-Clips-20/dp/B00LPEOA6U)? Just trying to work out how the clips would attach to the bottom of the seat frame.