free hit
counters
Discs and Pads - removing - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

As someone who has pretty much always had Elise S1's with their simple brakes, I’ve often wondered whether the discs and pads are as easy to change on an Evora.

I've read somewhere that you need to buy new pad retaining pins when changing pads, is that right, for both front and rear?    And what about the discs, can they be removed without removing the calipers, front and rear (once the pads are out of course!)

Are there any other considerations, does ABS make it harder to change these things?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did front discs n pads myself a few months back. EliseParts discs with oem DS2500 pads. Yes Calipers to come off - you need female TORX sockets for this - you can see the bolts through your wheel sp

So typical of Craig and why people go back again and again!

• Gold FFM

https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/brake-system-ancillaries/evora-evora-s-brake-pad-pins/

I think you do, depending on how corroded they are. I did not buy any when I recently ordered discs and pads. Bell and Colvill, who fitted my supplied parts,  said they had to replace the pins but had some in stock. 11 year old NA.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

As Justin said 

I took easy route and got my lotus guys to change both front and rears using the Elise parts linked above much cheaper than the discounted lotus parts still 

the pins were replaced but didn’t cost awful lot as recall 

by the way I got the callipers all repainted whilst the above work was done and car was sat at dealers for a week or so 

I did front discs n pads myself a few months back. EliseParts discs with oem DS2500 pads. Yes Calipers to come off - you need female TORX sockets for this - you can see the bolts through your wheel spokes.

I was really nervous about the calliper pins as my VXR8 had the same design and they were a major problem.... but the Evora ones were no problem at all. I don’t think I replaced them - just cleaned them up with Emery paper and put a bit of grease on the sections that sit inside the Caliper body.

When I later took the car to Craig Moncrieff for MOT and service he asked if I had done them myself? I confirmed and he said “well you forgot to paint the disc bells like we always would - I wasn’t having that so we painted them for you - no charge” 😆

Edited by mik
  • Like 1
  • Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, mik said:

“well you forgot to paint the disc bells like we always would - I wasn’t having that so we painted them for you - no charge” 😆

So typical of Craig and why people go back again and again!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!