free hit
counters
Will the exhaust valve button in the steering column work? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Will the exhaust valve button in the steering column work?

Hi

Got the switch from Bell & Colvill DeRoure, so a genuine Lotus part

A few cross head screws remove the lower cowl and just plug the new switch into the wiring where it is marked exhaust flap

Plug and play with no ECU updating, comes up on the dash as exhaust open or closed in any of the modes at a touch of the button 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm sure they do but if you have any probs, please let me know and I can supply and ship via the TLF Shop :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The SSC Melbourne guys put the button in mine, it was simple enough that they did it in a break on a track day, so unless your harness is different not sure why they wouldn't get it sorted, speak to Mark.

I cant recall exactly, but i think it was $120, certainly less than $200 either way. They sourced a different switch as the OE switch was not available, works like a treat, and as much as I love the exhaust open I really like being able to close it as well...it reduces the amount my neighbors hate me ;) 

I am keen to do HC Targa Tour but my codriver may not be available as it was delayed, so still thinking about it. Its a shame I cant do it on my own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gold said:

Hey Bibs, The guys at B&C still hasnt come back to me. How much would it cost to supply from TLF Shop?

Same price, £61.67 inc VAT and shipping won't be more than a couple of pounds.

https://shop.thelotusforums.com/products/a138m0088f-switch-exhaust-bypass

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks mate, you'll probably have it towards the end of next week, if not early the week after :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Evora NA

I have a 390fe. The wire is there and when I make the 2 pins contact the dash shows ex open and ex closed but no change in sound. 

The funny thing is though that my car has been loud since day 1. There is no change at 4500rpm and it definitely wakes the neighbours even trying to get out of the neighborhood quietly. This leads me to think the vacuum hose is kinked or not hooked up correctly. interestingly when I test drove a 410 at the dealership they had done disconnected the house on the demo so I am suspicious they might have done the same on mine. 

The upside is that the wiring is there and seems to work if I were to get it sorted then fit a switch. 

That definitely sounds like you have a fault or a deliberately disconnected hose. 
I’d certainly be having a look in the engine bay and see if you can figure out what’s wrong. 

Much better to have the switch fitted if you know it will work. (If only for the neighbours sake!)

Edited by Paul_D

• 2 weeks later...

Glad it arrived safe and sound. Enjoy :D

Evora NA

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 10:39, lotus_exig3 said:

Thanks Guys!

This part works likes a treat. Very addictive to have the open up at low revs.

I've got the same switch but am wondering how you fitted it into the lower steering column cowling. I've popped the blank out but doesn't seem to click in nicely. It seems like the button should have come with a thin nut to hold it in place?