free hit
counters
Will the exhaust valve button in the steering column work? - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Will the exhaust valve button in the steering column work?

• Gold FFM

As well as the nut, there should also be a little black rubber o-ring. You can see it in my photo. It's not really important, but it should go on the outside between the switch and the cowling. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hey Guys,

I brought mine from TLF, however it's missing the thin nut and black ring too. I ended up taping the button from the inside of the lower steering column for the time being. Seems to be okay so far.  Havent had a chance to do go to the hardware store to find the right nut for it.

However if anyone knows the exact size to buy, please let me know. 😅

Where did you buy your button from Paul?

JT, I'll post the correct o-ring and nut to you in the next couple of days, apologies it was missing :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, lotus_exig3 said:

Where did you buy your button from Paul?

I got mine from the Deroure site (Bell and Colvill).

But I assume all of these places simply obtain them as a package to sell on rather than put the nut and o-ring in separately themselves? Maybe something has changed at the supply end. Cost cutting? Some parts running out?

23 hours ago, Bibs said:

JT, I'll post the correct o-ring and nut to you in the next couple of days, apologies it was missing :)

Thanks @Bibs!! Much appreciated. Look forward to seeing the missing parts.

On 09/01/2022 at 00:25, XZG420 said:

@XZG420 maybe you can try ask them for the missing parts.

23 hours ago, Paul_D said:

I got mine from the Deroure site (Bell and Colvill).

But I assume all of these places simply obtain them as a package to sell on rather than put the nut and o-ring in separately themselves? Maybe something has changed at the supply end. Cost cutting? Some parts running out?

@Paul_D thanks Paul, you seem to have all the knowledge on all the parts. Any other parts upgrade you recommend which is simple to install?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I definitely don't have all the knowledge! I've just picked most things up from others on this forum really.

There's a few other simple things I've done, but they're not necessarily things others would want to do. My full 'project' thread is here if you want to see everything I've personally done: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

is the exhaust valve button supposed to work even with engine switched-off, so only with dashboard powered-on (especially on a Final Edition) ?
This question for testing purpose...
Thank you 👍

Edited by Martrack

OK, thank you.

Mine does not work at all unfortunately, no dash message, no valve action, even with engine started...

I'll ask my dealer to check the ECU, as per @Hangar 111 feedback :
https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/108104-any-gone-350sport-to-410sport/?do=findComment&comment=959207
https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/108104-any-gone-350sport-to-410sport/?do=findComment&comment=96158

Edited by Martrack