free hit
counters
Squeaky squeak! - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Squeaky squeak!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've seen Mr Bean move home using his Mini.  I'm guessing you have one of the newer Mini's which are much larger.   If he can do it I'm sure you can too! 😜

I have a camper van but it has a relatively spartan interior so I could probably fit a few of them in the camper van and deliver them too.

On 21/03/2021 at 18:22, trcm said:

Perhaps shipped straight to Hethel and we can both meet and fit them there, leaving a pile of spare parts for their meagre stocks? 😁

Hethel is probably on the wrong side of the country for most of us, unfortunately. (It's certainly 3-3.5hrs away from me).

I'm fairly central to most of the country in Oxfordshire (just north of Oxford) and I've got plenty of spare space to store them whilst waiting collection. As essential journeys (😉), I could probably be able to also travel an hour or so in any direction to meet up for delivery/collections.

• Like 1

Well I spoke too soon, Ashley from BOE has kindly replied to me!

Due to the size of the undertrays, there's only a saving to be made on shipping up to two at once (One cooling tray shipped to the UK will be $140. Two trays $165.), as any more would get classed as freight and that gets a bit complicated for them.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, trcm said:

Due to the size of the undertrays, there's only a saving to be made on shipping up to two at once (One cooling tray shipped to the UK will be $140. Two trays $165.), as any more would get classed as freight and that gets a bit complicated for them.

Great stuff!

Did Ashley give you a price as well?

Using GRP prices....we looking at around £440 each?

Hopefully BOE direct price cheaper?

Cheers

Plus import duty and tax no doubt but still better than the grand I thought it was going to be! I'm still up for it, anyone else? I'm near Blackpool, don't know if anyone else is up this way?

On 26/03/2021 at 20:05, trcm said:

Do you know if BOE are willing to offer a discount if we were to commit to a certain number of units? (ie 6 or 10 units = 10-20% discount). 

Then the items themselves are sent out in pairs? (We could then coordinate amongst ourselves which package gets delivered where). 

• 2 months later...

Well as there wasn't a discount forthcoming, I decided to bite the bullet anyway.

Let me say I've never felt so old, achey and unfit as I do right now after fitting this....

IMG_6947.jpg.0279b70f01f416a69d97568fd0017b14.jpg

IMG_6991.jpg.794210182201bd8e6c6f59d356a2f791.jpg

• Like 1

This is the BOE undertray.

I forgot about customs charges sadly, so it came to the ripe old sum of about £570 after currency exchange, hence the cost saving exercise of DIY fitting :)

• Thanks 1

Im still intereste in getting one, but realistically anyone else interested would need to be northwest based to make it practical delivery wise.

Gav