free hit
counters
next week !! - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

next week !!

windymiller

• Gold FFM

Having owned a 88hp vivaro - I can confirm the Evora does handle better - and even rattles less.

get that car out and give it the beans - they are incredible cars - which you will only find out when on the gas hard👍👍

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Down in front of the gearstick area 👍👍 

15 minutes ago, TdM said:

Remember to got the sport button, that's the important piece of advice.

That’s very very important - warm her up so there’s at least one bar on the temp gauge - then press this button. It’s compulsory to do so. 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

If the next one isn’t what are these three flashing ring things on the dash - then I’ll be sadly disappointed in you.

Only here once

Despite what the guys say, if you aren't used to this sort of power input...... and looking at the hairdressers car in your drive you aren't.....then take it easy to start with. My advice:

1. As everyone says warm it up first. One bar is essential. this is best done on the move so very short shifts and little revs.
2. Get your perfect driving position sorted before moving. Whenever someone has sat in mine or driven it (I have had a few friends drive her) I find it takes ages of minute little corrections to get it sorted! Nowt worse than constantly fidgeting to get comfy.
3. When she is warm and you decide she's chaffing at the bit, don't stomp the throttle on the turn. Make sure she's on a straight until you get used to her! She's a rear wheeler and if you accelerate into a turn and hit a bit of water or dirt you will find yourself swapping ends really quickly. I like to play with the sport button and tease it a bit, warming her up properly before feeling that tightness and excitement engulf the experience.....fnar fnar!
4. However, the correct way to corner in the dry IS to accelerate into those corners. She will hold beyond your brown pant level....honest
5. Lastly, I am just outside Norwich! Don't forget that back road to Attleborough is a doozy for a car like her! Bring her over for me to see!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

sound advice bud the hairdressers are a 3.2 and 208bhp mini and had an mr2 turbo back in the day but 9/10 im in tha van or the 186 bhp bmw family estate so yes im taking it steady to start with !!!!

4 minutes ago, windymiller said:

the hairdressers are a 3.2 and 208bhp mini 

Will drive absolutely nothing like the Lotus mate. For a start you redline at 7000 revs. I actually used to bump mine off the speed limiter loads when I first got it as it just takes off above 4000 revs. 

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

If you've had an MR2 turbo you'll be absolutely fine. You already know what not to do because the MR2 will have bitten you if you did it.

The one thing to actually be aware of is that if you transition quickly, the engine is quite high and it can lever over more than you might expect which will result in a slide. It's still not snappish though.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@windymillercongrats on the new car.  I am sure you will enjoy it at whatever speed you use it.  I remember going around a roundabout not long after I got mine and sensing the grip level change.  When I looked at at the road surface there was a coating of dust from a dump truck.   There aren’t many cars that can give you that level of feedback

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, windymiller said:

been on a factory tour, what do they do at the academy ?

On the website you choose a level depending on your starting ability and where you want to get too ?

I think start point is bronze level and I think it gives you insight into lotus cars handling and ability which I assume car is more than my own abilities 

it’s not exactly cheap but I think it’s a decent value for money , I was waiting for all the building work to be completed before booking 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The R56JCW might be more controllable than the Evora (my sons MCS is) but I can tell you that an F56 JCW is more likely to put you in the hedge than an Evora. I just don't trust my wifes.

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

All this is moot till you actually insure her and get her on the road!

I was so temped to get mine out of storage but once she comes out she can't go back in till next winter (I can't take it in and out whenever I want) and its just a bit early for me.

• Like 1

Don't have time till weekend and they aren't open then so can't mate! Plus weather is turning again by weekend. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

yes cold thursday just when im back outside again 🥶car is insured but being a tight rse and waiting to tax from april 1st 😚 been polishing and admiring and failing on the camera fix !!