free hit
counters
next week !! - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

next week !!

windymiller

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Really pleased for you @windymiller and can remember just how you feel.

I bought my first proper sports car (not the XR2, XR3, 106GTI's I had in my yoof!) 7 years ago. It was an Evora NA and at that time I had been working for almost 30 years. So similar to you.

After I had bought it, I would literally sit on the step (didn't have a garage then, just a car port) with a nice glass of wine in the evening and stare at it. It was beautiful! I washed it. I polished it. I just thought how lucky I was.

Enjoy it. Savour it. And for you the best is yet to come when you drive it!  Take it easy, learn the car. Listen to it. The NA is wonderful!  Superb choice.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, windymiller said:

it wasnt !!! 😒 taxed and ready to go but the wife had a meeting so the first run is now this morning !!😁 more news to follow lol

Jesus man get on with it!!!

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

on my way !!! wanted me n the wife to go out in it because we decided to buy the car after loosing three close members of her family in 9 months last year ages 46, 50 and 54 followed a week later (of one funeral) by her fathers life changing stroke so this trip and the car is a bit of self indulgance for us if that makes sense

• Love 1

So! come on! did you get all 3 red lights lit?

And i hope you treated her to Super Unleaded!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

yes to super unleaded and no to the rings !!! getting used to the car and lots of traffic about blaah blaah but taking it to the windmill shop saturday which will be early so can hopefully have a clear run, loving it soooo much tho 😚

I'm not sure of the value of super unleaded i the NA, but I haven't run an NA as an owner. Others will advise.

Re the 3 rings. Do you have enough post counts to do such a thing?   🤔

• Gold FFM

getting worried how many times the guys wana hear about ma ring ?? 😒 with the lower octane fuel coming in sept just thought super wud be the way to go ?

• Haha 1

Makes zero difference on any NA car, the higher octane just means cars with forced induction can up their boost a little as the higher octane means better resistance to compression detonation.

If you want some peace of mind, just stick to branded and not supermarket fuels, their additives keep things a little cleaner.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I used both super and normal unleaded in my NA for different periods. Found that it actually ran better on normal unleaded. 

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM

Is it actually lower octane it just lower carbon emissions?

Super will still be the same as the old fuel anyway, it's the regular that will be changing and shouldn't make much (any?) difference to your experience with it.

2 hours ago, windymiller said:

was reading really about when the lower octane fuel comes in during september but then the evora will be going to winter sleep then lol

Presume September is a misprint

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

November is better Alan!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Kimbers said:

So! come on! did you get all 3 red lights lit?

And i hope you treated her to Super Unleaded!

Don’t tell him but I never used super unleaded - and used to collect them rings like sonic the hedgehog 🤫

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

thing is one of the episodes of the aforsaid program saw windy miller pi**ed up on cider (not pc at mo in todays woke world) and i dooo lyke a drop of cyder !!!! 😁

• Like 2