free hit
counters
next week !! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so ignoring the fact barry has ragged ma car and greased its back door i guess the thread is coming to an end as next week is this week !! today tho i drove it to help at dads farm shop, now dad is 92

so im abit new to the forum and ive so so so wanted a lotus since i was 18  sadly some 35 years ago, ive just wanted an esprit (later v8) but the prices went bonkers and my dear wife bought me a facto

so oh my oh my what a moment !!! having to pinch myself but she's here and shes sooo so beautiful 😍

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

You will love it chap - it’s a fantastic machine.

make sure you drive it as it should be driven - if you don’t see the magic rings then you are missing out on where the fun is

• Like 2

Only here once

Well Alan, the next few days are going to feel really long and drag and drag lol - until it actually arrives - same feeling but bit like waiting for Xmas as a kid 👍😁

I’m sure you will love it and pamper it. You’ll probably do what most of us do - To start with you’ll keep sneaking a peek into the garage and pinching yourself.

Most importantly - enjoy ownership, It’s very rewarding and enjoyable, and a great bunch of guys here to get some info/help if/when wanted.

And finally - go dust that expectant garage 😜 and get posting some pictures up.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

:thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new car :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

What a great story and you have picked a lovely Evora to make your formal acquaintance with Lotus. If you don't like Evora, it is you, not the car. 

Warm up the engine and oil (10 minutes minimum) and then use all those revs. I hardly use 5th and 6th in the UK.......that singing engine on the motorways in 3rd and 4th is just heaven. 

It is gonna be a long week...........

Justin

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

ta guys am trying not to get excited in fact probably the opposite at the moment !!! keeping fingers crossed at mo 🙄 i did clear abit more of the garage out at the weekend tho !!!

Edited by windymiller
  • Gold FFM

It is a long wait but worth it ! I waited 3 weeks for my car to be prepared also had to transfer my private reg over as I wanted my car being delivered to me with my reg in place 

bonus at least the weather is picking up and lockdown easing means you can get to enjoy the car 

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome to the family!   You picked a good time to get the new car.   Days are getting longer and warmer, the conditions are getting better for windows down driving and enjoying the lovely sound of that V6 engine! 

• Like 1

Similar story here.... loved the Esprit for 35 or so years...just last week I finally have a Lotus in my garage.  Living in the states I have a new 2021 GT, truly an amazing car!

I was debating on getting a esprit but was worried I couldn’t drive it reliably like I want to,  kinda daily driver with some track days and the old esprit really had me worried.  JayEmm is actually who turned me onto the evora

i take my GT in for it’s 1,000 mile first service this week, have a few small issues but no regrets.  The sound this car makes and the way it feels is truly amazing!  

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Just let me know if you don’t like it - more than happy to have her back

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Fair play - weather looks shit for tomorrow 

• Sad 1

Only here once

I got a feeling Alan won’t even notice what the weather is. 😜

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!