free hit
counters
stereo system for 410 sport - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

stereo system for 410 sport

hello all

I did a search and read a few topics but some were from a few years back so im posting to see if anyone has knowledge or advice on a good setup with the latest speakers and decks out there.

I would like to install 4 speakers with best bass possible without going to a 2 way speaker with seperate dome tweeters as i dont want to cut the dash. I would also be keen to install one of those slimline subwoofers in passenger footwell as some members here have and attach with velcro. Also wouldnt mind using one of those single din flip up touch screen decks. 

any advice on best brands etc as i dont mind to spend a bit more to make it worthwhile.

also does the 410 come prewired from factory for all speakers and deck as i ordered my car new with no stereo?

any help much appreciated thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dont need apple play. If they come with satnav built in would be good. I use samsung phone. 

Does anyone know if 410 sport comes prewired for speakers from factory even if it wasnt optioned woth stereo?

On earlier cars it seemed that Lotus didn’t really change the wiring - just the external parts.

So I heard that the cars equipped with 2 speaker stereos (eg 380) still have the rear speaker wiring.

The Elise doesn’t officially come with the passenger side cubby hole charger that the Exige has - however, on my previous car all the wiring was there - you just had to fit the end socket.

so you could be lucky - but would need to check I guess...

• Thanks 1

Mine came with the rear speakers in (2017 380) and judging by later cars it’s the same looms used and also have the wires there where you remove the plastic trim and cable tied into the loom).

I had a complete system I put in mine that I removed when I sold to a dealer.

Link here to the package - flip out touch screen head unit, speakers and sub.

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/complete-stereo-setup-flip-out-head-unit-sub-and-speakers/

• Thanks 1

thanks for response...hopefully the wiring is already there for all 4 speakers...would simplify it all quite a bit

Pioneer SPH10/SPH20DAB are the best options in my opinion, they fix the phone holder and integration issue in one hit. And as most people upgrade their phone regularly it means the interface and navigation wont become dated.  

I coupled this with JBL speakers and compact sub mounted behind the seats in the recess.

47 minutes ago, MAG said:

Pioneer SPH10/SPH20DAB are the best options in my opinion, they fix the phone holder and integration issue in one hit. And as most people upgrade their phone regularly it means the interface and navigation wont become dated.  

True, but this is also the case with the flip out screens as long as they have Apple Carplay or Android Auto. Apple Carplay on a 5 year old Pioneer flip out screen will be identical to Apple Carplay on a brand new Porsche. I do like the idea of the stereo becoming the phone holder though.

It all comes down to personal preference I guess. I have been looking at the SPH10/SPH20 and watching videos, but I think I'd prefer to have the 'normal' Carplay interface on a bigger screen. Especially if you're used to it in multiple vehicles as it'll be the same in each one. 

47 minutes ago, Paul_D said:

True, but this is also the case with the flip out screens as long as they have Apple Carplay or Android Auto. Apple Carplay on a 5 year old Pioneer flip out screen will be identical to Apple Carplay on a brand new Porsche. I do like the idea of the stereo becoming the phone holder though.

It all comes down to personal preference I guess. I have been looking at the SPH10/SPH20 and watching videos, but I think I'd prefer to have the 'normal' Carplay interface on a bigger screen. Especially if you're used to it in multiple vehicles as it'll be the same in each one. 

But your screen technology is static and there have already been a number of improvements to android auto and carplay which would not be catered for with a flip out screen unit. But each to their own.

4 minutes ago, MAG said:

But your screen technology is static and there have already been a number of improvements to android auto and carplay which would not be catered for with a flip out screen unit. But each to their own.

Yeah, I guess you’ll always be stuck with the same responsiveness and resolution. 

What are the improvements that wouldn’t be catered for on an old flip out screen? I’ve only ever used a modern unit so I’d like to know if there are features I’ve used which wouldn’t be available to me if I bought a flip out unit. 

Well after watching lots of videos today and doing lots of thinking, I’ve listened to MAG and ordered an SPH-10BT. 

It does seem very good value for money. And although there are a couple of cons, it is a very nice unit. 

I keep pondering on going the other way. The exhaust and supercharger sound so good,  that I always have the radio turned off. The odd time I do turn it on the sound quality is so rubbish,  and the controls on the factory Clarion head unit so so damned awful I just turn it off again 😅

4 minutes ago, Davey D said:

I keep pondering on going the other way. The exhaust and supercharger sound so good,  that I always have the radio turned off. The odd time I do turn it on the sound quality is so rubbish,  and the controls on the factory Clarion head unit so so damned awful I just turn it off again 😅

I’m not so bothered when just going out for a weekend drive, but travelling places is a different matter. I plan to do a few track days, and most circuits are 2 hours plus from where I live.  Plus I want easy to see and hear Sat Nav, because I’m ‘Geographically Challenged’. 

Just fitted one of these...  JVC KD-X561DBT

reasonable sound, DAB and reverse screen if you want it, all single din.

• 2 weeks later...

As advised on here I have today fitted in my 410 Exige the Focals front & rear and the pioneer sub in the footwell.  It sounds so much better and was not too difficult to do.  I still have the Sony headunit which I was going to change but I think I will keep it now.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 02:24, roddy said:

As advised on here I have today fitted in my 410 Exige the Focals front & rear and the pioneer sub in the footwell.  It sounds so much better and was not too difficult to do.  I still have the Sony headunit which I was going to change but I think I will keep it now.

did u have a stereo in your exige when u bought it? if not, and u were installing stereo for first time, was the wiring in your speaker holes already? what year do you have

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 16:18, roddy said:

I have a 20th Anniversary 410 so all wiring was in place and it was just swopping the speakers and adding a subwoofer

Nice...if the 20th anniversary was prewired then safe to say the 410s released 2 years earlier are prewired. Did u check if rear speakers were prewired?