free hit
counters
Fascinating Esprit GT3 Conundrum - Page 2 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fascinating Esprit GT3 Conundrum

• Gold FFM

It's curious.  O2 behaved much more sensibly during earlier logs, but that last one had some anomalies.  I hope to swap with a known good sensor tomorrow.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I’d be checking the Tps voltage - cos that sure doesn’t look right on the charts. I can’t see it going over 1.1v - looks too low even to start with at 0.41v. 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I will be checking that with the owner tomorrow.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, snowrx said:

Did it ever run properly with the new injectors? 

That’s a game changer. But I would still be checking that tps works as it should. I know you’ve stated it’s been changed - but in the logs all I see are 0.41v to 1.1v. It should be between 0.5v and 4.5v wot.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Sparkles I have just had a follow up call with @JNW3 we are both surprised, shocked really, that this wasn’t a glovebox related issue, strangely our next suggestion was going to be a internally delaminating turbo hose. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You're wasted.  Or you should be.  I've made the call.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Well done!

Cheers old bean.  And thanks to you and @CHANGES for listening to my wild ramblings.

16 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Cheers old bean.  And thanks to you and @CHANGES for listening to my wild ramblings.

Thanks for sharing..:coffee:  best puzzle for a long time .. Two days of stress to find out your first diagnosis was spot on. :rtfm: I think we will put that in the memory box under experience to remember..   The plus side is all the other faults you found and fixed during the search .. The customer is going to be all made up when he gets it back ..   :animier:

well done , pure dedication .. time to relax  :wine:

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Well done @Sparky!

The Land Rover TD5 also suffers from delaminating intake hoses, but those usually clear if you lift off the throttle.
Certainly something to check whenever that hose is taken off!

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

If only you could spray a couple of puffs of preventer in the intake...

The ECU must have decided all the sensors were working, which they were, because no fault codes were triggered. I trawled through the Freescan logs and that was the only thing I found was the ECU reducing timing in an attempt to keep the engine running, which must have been as the turbo hose curtain fell, choking the induction.

I guess it proves that simply plugging a laptop in won't necessarily diagnose the problem, eh?

Margate Exotics.

• 2 weeks later...