free hit
counters
Infotainment system, what goes 'bing'? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Infotainment system, what goes 'bing'?

I've owned my Evora 400 for a couple of years and I've finally decided to ask advice on my infotainment system.  Every so often there is a 'bing', like a warning sound.  It seems completely random, sometimes regular, sometimes rarely.  It happens in any mode the system is in.  I have found the only way to stop it is to turn the infotainment completely off.  It's the standard Alpine system.  

Has anyone experienced this and found what causes it?

Many thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Speed camera or over speed alert? 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's a warning "bing" for a pre determined warning triangle road sign. Such as twisty road ahead etc. Just have a glance at the screen when you notice it and you'll see the sign pop up as well. You can switch off, under warnings in the menu  Same with the cones when you're parking etc. Elements can be switched on and off. 

Thanks all of you for your constructive comments.  Jaws wins the prize, it was the warning sign alert.  It didn't help that I never use the satnav, preferring my TomTom, and the audio screen doesn't show the signs as the unit 'bings'.  As soon as I turned the satnav function on the warning signs appeared on the screen with each 'bing'.  The online manual told me how to turn it off.

Thanks again Jaws....  

• Like 1