free hit
counters
Have you tracked your Evora or do you have another track toy? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Have you tracked your Evora or do you have another track toy?

Celica

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I bought a k series superlight last year with the aim of doing some more trackdays. @jerzybondovyou moved into our garage at Snetterton a couple of weeks ago! Looks like you had a good evening 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

sadly i just keep being drawn to this thread because if i see a storm titanium launch edition with a fish pond in the boot and dogs in the foot well i will blow another gasket !!!🤐

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

96AE5A70-BE36-4948-B687-D44569A71C5D.thumb.jpeg.bbc56f56e373d9d4f43bbd37f660446f.jpeg

on days when she had to be collected from the pond up the road - I nearly always used the van 🤪

Only here once

14 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

I bought a k series superlight last year with the aim of doing some more trackdays. @jerzybondovyou moved into our garage at Snetterton a couple of weeks ago! Looks like you had a good evening 

Ah, was great to meet you! Had a fab evening - doing 2'24" laps by the end of it, still not as quick as I am on the bike round there which was a bit surprising given the extra rubber on offer! Loved the Evora though :) Also - dare I mention it - had perhaps the most shameful moment of my track day career - having a spin on the *second corner of the sighting laps* 😳. Put the car in sport mode, booted it out of the hairpin, lost the back end to the left, caught it and came round to the right, lifted off like a chump and gently departed the track backwards. Marshalls didn't seem to care so I quickly rejoined the procession and spent the next hour berating myself for being such a massive twat. [As an aside, it does seem that sport mode more or less turns the traction control completely off?]

30 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

[As an aside, it does seem that sport mode more or less turns the traction control completely off?]

FWIW, it doesn't. It allows for a bit more slip but it is still definitely there.

From the Service Notes:

"In order to cater for the preferences of some sport oriented drivers, a Sport Mode selector button is provided to deliver quicker throttle response, increased wheel slippage thresholds, no throttle reduction on detection of understeer, and a maximum continuous engine speed raised from 6,600 to 7,000 rpm."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerzybondov said:

Those increased wheel slippage thresholds are enough to go properly sideways it seems!  

I was suprsied by this also

Had mine afew weeks now but a quick get away from a junction a week or so ago required a fair amount of opossite lock, coming from an Elise with little low end grunt its a fair change i did wonder if the TC actually worked but seeing its reduced in sport makes sense now as i was in sport mode