free hit
counters
JBXE RACING AND LOTUS ENGINEERING JOIN FORCES IN EXTREME E TECHNICAL PARTNERSHIP - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

JBXE RACING AND LOTUS ENGINEERING JOIN FORCES IN EXTREME E TECHNICAL PARTNERSHIP

exeterjeep

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I’ve just come in from mowing the lawn. My eldest son came up to me and said, “I’ve just been watching the Extreme E race on telly. It’s the most boring thing I’ve ever seen!” And this is from a massive young motorsport fan.

Apparently, there were 3 cars at the start, but by the first corner they were so far apart, that they just trundled round 30 seconds apart. Each team of one male and one female driver did just one lap each with a driver change in between. 
Sounds like they need to go back to the drawing board if it doesn’t even appeal to teenagers.

I watched a bit of qualifying yesterday, not at all impressed. In my mind loads worse than formula E, which I don't like much either.  The 'track' was a joke, the in car shots did show it was quite rough, also the made up rules that say that the team must have 1 man and 1 woman, the pit stop for the driver change over (qualifying that I saw) had a min time and excessive penalties. They do look like radio control models racing round a beach.  No point like it is.

Shortly, hopefully BTCC will be back.

• 10 months later...

It appears the JBXE - Lotus engineering tie up has  concluded.

m6812_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

The roundel does not feature on the picture, nor did Lotus Sport instagram shared the news.

The Jenson Button Extreme-E  outfit which was rumoured to shutdown if more funding could not be found, will be part of season 2 of the all electric low carbon footprint globe trotting race series. With a new line up for race one, as Kevin Hansen and reigning champion Molly Taylor will team up behing the car in the Saudi round, this week end. Taylor was not retained by RXR at the end of season 1 despite winning the championship outright with her teammate Johan Krystophersson.

It may be seen as a non event but considering Lotus is about to reveal a crossover vehicle and with a competition getting a bit more interesting  with McLaren joining the budding championship, it would have been interesting to keep the tie up going, I think.