free hit
counters
Dream Esprit? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Dream Esprit?

red vtec

What would people say is a dream Esprit? 

Would it be a G car with the later running gear? or a Stevens car as a G Car homage?

What would you like to see inside? such as seats, GT3 buckets or maybe the older style seats or the Luxury? 

4 Cylinder or V8?

thoughts please

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

G-car turbo exterior, maybe with an additional wing (I know, not to everyone's liking) in JPS (or Essex) paintwork.
Eagle chassis as Sport 300.
Early Stevens interior (wraparound dashpod, early switchgear).
V8 engine (4.0 or 4.4 as originally planned) with 6-speed gearbox.
No ABS or power steering.
Good bucket seats.
Pop-up headlamps!
Glass roof panel.
Minimal features to keep the weight down (no AC etc).

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Late G-car with a stronger ZF or Boxster transaxle, charge cooled 4 cylinder with good engine management, rear view camera, larger fixed caliper brakes behind wheels sized for modern tire availability. In British racing green with added lightness.

• Gold FFM

One that just works every time I turn the ignition on.  I'm not that fussy!

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Challenge accepted.

S2 exterior. S4S chassis and mechanicals. Interior more Stevens than Guigiaro, def the boomerang binnacle.  Dark metallic blue with cream leather.

More buttons, switches and subtle lighting inside.

fly by wire gearshift?

Sexy AI voice sounds uncannily like emily blunt doing an impression of joanna lumley says “good morning neil” on opening the door, possibly set to complement me on occasional displays of skilful driving.

Seeing as it’s already a work of imagination, would be interesting to fit an alfa v6 or mazda klze v6: just to see what it would be like...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

S2 body (white)

S300 chassis

Lexus LFA v10

Porsche G50 gearbox

Late binnacle momo steering wheel interior with 2019 alpine a110 buckets with the cross stitching and alpine branding removed (most comfortable seats ever)

Edited by Laika
  • Like 1

Hilly. You wanna share any pics? Sounds interesting.

Sudders and Dany

Yeah, have a look at the build thread ( the link is in my footer) as this covers most if your questions.

When I got the car ( 20 years ago, Yikes !!!!) the car was in a pretty poor state including the interior. At the time Esprits we not worth much especially as a basket case, the interior was pretty bad and the seats had be vandalised, so it was easier to just changed them at the time for some after-market Corbeau RS2 seats which were the only thing I could find that would fit. However these are not very good and not particularly comfy either so I had been looking for a set of Recaro to go in instead.

Mid last year a set of Recaro CS seats from an Evora became available so I snapped them up, only problem is they won’t fit an Esprit.

So over the winter I started making some adjustments, the internal sill cover, handbrake lever and cable brackets need to be moved.
While doing this I thought is was a good time to make some adjustments to the power steering column requiring removal of the dashboard.
While the dash was out I decided to repair the wiring loom which was a bit of a mess ( the car had 14 previous keepers) so the job kind of spiralled out of control.

The wiring is now pretty much done, handbrake modified, steering column done and the interior is now going back (including nice new carpets from Steve) so hopefully the car will be mobile again in about a month.

I will add some updates to the build thread once done which will include the seats fitted.

Hilly

• Like 1

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.