free hit
counters
Painful road tax today. up £30 for 12 months £585! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Painful road tax today. up £30 for 12 months £585!

Mine's 2010 S are all the later 400 and GT's same? Thinking about upgrading and I'm a skinflint

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Consultant Electrical Power Engineer my maths can use J, the square root of -1, also called an Imaginary Number. Very useful at times of 'justifying' cars with man maths. I'd worked on a 'sh

Just be glad you don't live in bhellgium, over here it's €1850 p.a. for an Evora or Exige V6. One of the reasons I prefer to keep my Esprit. That and of course the immense sense of occasion every

The forum is telling me I cannot add any more "reactions" - so this is how I have to do it: 👍   I guess the Esprit is cheaper on the road tax but with the Evora at least you know when y

• Gold FFM

My Evora 410 Sport was done last month at £475.  A bargain lol.

It's the price of a mini weekend break with the wife/partner but the Evora will give you more fun, satisfaction, fulfilment, enjoyment and less grief!  :) hahahaha

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Seeing posts like this makes me pleased to own an esprit.

Only here once

5 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The forum is telling me I cannot add any more "reactions"

Fixed :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Just be glad you don't live in bhellgium, over here it's €1850 p.a. for an Evora or Exige V6.

One of the reasons I prefer to keep my Esprit. That and of course the immense sense of occasion every time I drive it, something the Evora just can't match (for me at least, to each his own :-) ). The only times she's let me down was because of normal wear and tear (clutch), while covering ca 60k miles over the past 5.5 years. I'm sure an Evora totalling 150k miles will have needed some care along the way as well. 😉

Filip

• Sad 3

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
56 minutes ago, Escape said:

Just be glad you don't live in bhellgium, over here it's €1850 p.a. for an Evora or Exige V6.

You have to pay more to cover the fee's of all the unelected bureaucrats in your country who probably contribute nothing themselves!  :)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

My Evora 410 Sport was done last month at £475.  A bargain lol.

It's the price of a mini weekend break with the wife/partner but the Evora will give you more fun, satisfaction, fulfilment, enjoyment and less grief!  :) hahahaha

what g/km is yours then?

• Gold FFM
57 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

what g/km is yours then?

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Those poor penguins....

Agreed, never understood why Lotus did not aircon the glovebox as it would stop the penguins I have in there from melting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think(!) my 400 was 300ish last year. Its a couple of brackets below the top one.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

so that is now £585 same as mine.

Maybe better to an NA put a Komotec on it LOL

will only take 20 years to recoup the money

• Love 1
  • Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

so that is now £585 same as mine.

7th March this is what I paid:

Application Made On: 07/03/2021 11:35:41
Vehicle Tax Period: 12 months
Vehicle Tax Amount Paid: GBP 475.00

Lucky that tax on fuel is only 75p/litre of the total cost! :blink:

v for vendetta GIF

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

One IPS advantage - 2014 S IPS just sneaks into Band K at £340pa..... 😀

• Like 1

Where as I have an Exige Sport 350 IPS registered in March 18 so it costs the same as @C8RKH’s car. However by the time our cars are 6 years of age they drop to lower value car tax band, currently £155 but goes up every April.

Cars registered between March 2001 & End of March 2017 are taxed on the emissions band that they are in & stay that way until the end of their life currently. Cars registered April 2017 on pay a tax based on the cars emission upon first registration & then for the next 5 years if they cost more than £40k new an extra £335 on top of the base £155 & then drops to the base figure only after approx 6 years. Both taxes go up every April so my figures are what I think it costs now, re-taxed mine in Feb & paid £475.

Older car than March 2001 & you pay tax on engine size, over or below 1549cc.

So another couple of years & an Evora 400 or Exige Sport 350 registered in April 2017 will be quite the road tax bargain compared with an identical car a few months older in answer to the question at the top of the thread.

Edited by 2GOOD
2 hours ago, 2GOOD said:

Where as I have an Exige Sport 350 IPS registered in March 18 so it costs the same as @C8RKH’s car. However by the time our cars are 6 years of age they drop to lower value car tax band, currently £155 but goes up every April

The same will be true for my evora gt430, it will therefore be cheaper than the evora s I had previously.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, windymiller said:

just taxed the na at £357 so were good to goooooooooooooo !

Vehicle Registration Number: EvORA
Reference Number: 1206 0002 3966 6142
Application Made On: 27/11/2020 11:00:34
Vehicle Tax Period: 12 months
Vehicle Tax Amount Paid: GBP 330.00

On 205 gm/km next year it will be £340..   I pay up front, not by instalments.

K*: 201 to 225g/km £340 £340 £357 £187 £178.50

I had MOT last week and noted I'd only done 976 miles since last year and the Evora is my 'daily'.  Bloody Lockdown! - that's nearly 34p / mile on Road Tax!

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

5 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

The same will be true for my evora gt430, it will therefore be cheaper than the evora s I had previously.

All helps with the man maths when justifying the car!

It's about $60 a year to register my Esprit here in the land of declining infrastructure and social services. 

Price would almost quadruple if it was an electric car.....

• Haha 1