free hit
counters
"Lotus Approved" to launch on 12th April 2021 in the UK - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

"Lotus Approved" to launch on 12th April 2021 in the UK

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-approved-to-launch-on-april-12th-in-the-uk/

One step at a time?

Yup, until the car is 20 years old (Ferrari do up to 15 years as a comparison). 

Posted Images

That's really good news for the brand.

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

That is good news. 

The article says that ‘Lotus Approved’ cars will come with ‘Minimum 12 months warranty’. Does anyone know if that can be extended on an annual basis? (ie an insured warranty option). 

Lotus are slowly and steadily making improvements and this is another step in the right direction.

Whilst I do not own an older Lotus I do agree with the previous comment in the fact that I feel that Lotus are missing a trick by not having a heritage program similar to the Ferrari Classiche program.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Not a hope of the sort of thing @thebartman - frankly just wouldn’t make any business sense whatsoever.

Maybe lotus should start rebuilding some original classics like Aston does.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I understand the modern "Business/Expansion/Electric/ blah blah blah" proposition, however, my point was probably more based on an immature, naive and hopeful perspective, and thought there would be more respect of the whole provenance .......

Where was the Lotus road car beginning? which cars "launched" (pun intended) Lotus into what is now known as the "Public domain" and not only helped, but pulled the company out of going broke.

All I'm really asking is this ..

Why is it OK to reset company history from 2000 ?

As a newbie owner and keen up-keeper of my '85 TE - I love my car and take it out as often as I can, because that's what it's for. 

• Like 1

so when i enquired about the na at silverstone it was up for 30k (maybe 6/8 weeks ago ) i cudnt view it till the 12th of april then they put the price up by 2k (subsequently sold) is this to encompass the approaved status does one think ?

Would one be able to buy this warrantee only when buying the car from a lotus dealer at that time, I was wondering if when my aftermarket warrantee expires next October I could switch to the lotus one. Or even buy one soon and forget about the aftermarket one. Also I suppose we do not yet know what is covered/not covered and any financial limits. The aftermarket warrantee is limited to a few thousand pounds.

This has a flow on effect, that may have been mentioned, and that is ensuring to be eligible the cars have to be serviced by dealers to be approved

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, au-yt said:

This has a flow on effect, that may have been mentioned, and that is ensuring to be eligible the cars have to be serviced by dealers to be approved

Not sure that would apply in UK/EU. They need to be serviced to OEM schedules with OEM parts for sure.

I do agree it encourages dealer servicing and there will be a future preference for dealer serviced cars in the scheme.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!