free hit
counters
V8 on eBay - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

V8 on eBay

Clarky5150

Anyone here? If not anyone know the car? Seems cheap for a facelift dash model.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Does seem cheap. Was a Cat D write off at one year old though. Must have been serious as the car must have been worth quite a bit at one year old.

Edited by Bling
  • Like 1

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, Bling said:

Does seem cheap. Was a Cat D write off at one year old though. Must have been serious as the car must have been worth quite a bit at one year old.

It is a very tempting car at that price. Looks nice and lots of history so must have been loved by some. Cat D at 1 year old is a worry. 

if it was nearer I would be tempted to see it and judge with my eyes and ears. 

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

• Gold FFM

Rolled. Ffs - is it even possible to roll an esprit 😳

engine definitely sounded better once it had run for a few seconds.

Only here once

This seems like a real opportunity for someone.  Engine sounds fine.  If it really is a V8-GT, then even better.  Has the right interior, but with the earlier rear wing.  Still a lot of running car for the money.

• Love 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• Gold FFM

@Bannerfd3 Post on here what you thought of it. It looks the part. Depends what history he has for the last few years and if the engine was done under the recall back in 2000

I saw the car after the accident at Lakeside Engineering many years ago, it was in a really bad state.  There were body cracks above the quarter windows and cracks and general damage all over.  I’m amazed it’s back on the road. It was owned by Jonathan who was a member on here.  He planted the throttle on damp roads, went up a bank and then rolled it.  I would be very cautious about buying that car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Now might not be the best time to highlight my V8 thread 🤪

I reckon you’ve a really decent one there though. Whack up some pics when you can 👍👍

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yes - I was fortunate with my S4s - wasn’t looking for one but when offered one, even with the history it has, I snapped it up.

The V8 I’m sure will be fine - but be prepared 👍

Only here once

2 hours ago, Bannerfd3 said:

But Iv taking the gamble It’s on my trailer now taking it home, will let you know what it’s really like once it’s up on the ramp. Iv finally got a esprit!!!!!!!!

Well done, she certainly looked good in the ebay pictures but we need to see more 😉 

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Looks a good buy, It would not of been around for long I am sure.... enjoy the drive when you get it on the road.... if you are getting the belts done I would recommend the gates blue belts... peace of mind... I would also do the pulleys  👍

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Bannerfd3 said:

Been to look at it, body work, wheels and interior are in excellent condition. Engine sounds fine, underside has corrosion but not terrible to be expected with the age, slight leak from the oil cooler. Test drive was pointless as it was snowing and rear end was snaking!!! But Iv taking the gamble It’s on my trailer now taking it home, will let you know what it’s really like once it’s up on the ramp. Iv finally got a esprit!!!!!!!!

Well done. Looking forward to some pics & vids 😃

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

@Bannerfd3How are you getting on with your new V8 ?

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Bannerfd3 said:

IMG_3832.jpg

I’m really envious of your engine hoist. Looks a fab car - do the oil and water feeds to the turbos while the lumps out.

Only here once