free hit
counters
Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet? - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet?

Matt W

There's some pretty significant delays now to production, my Exige was due week 26 and is now estimated at week 38. Which risks me picking up a car at the start of winter so I won't be able to use it, but will be paying high first year road tax for it to sit on the drive. 

Appreciate supply issues are out of Lotus' hands, but they don't seem to be managing this well. Hopefully some of the potentially ludicrous amounts they're currently spending on marketing will make its way to other parts of the business. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've inquired with dealer again for my Exige. Original build date was sometimes mid-June, then it was pushed to July, now pushed to week 2 of August. Add few weeks for delivery and we are talking early September.

In the other thread we were talking about late slots might getting cancelled, while I don't belive this will happen, there might just be some Eliges with built date in 2022 as it looks now.

Edited by Inversed

Mine is apparently in the country and should be at the local dealer in the next week or so (subject to the covid situation in Sydney). 

We have the opposite problem, winter is much better for driving as summer is too bloody hot 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When did you order yours? I ordered mine (Sport 390) on the 30th of March and it is supposed to arrive in September (which week I don't know). I haven't contacted my dealership though, if it has been moved out.

Mine was 23rd April, originally for week 26 production then 4 weeks after that for collection. Now due week 38 for production. It seems we all got told week 26 or 27 for production but there are varying dates now. The dealers don't appear to know much more, though chatting with folks on here apparently everything is in the delivery system with timings. Just have to wait sadly. 

Though if Lotus can't deliver double-digit numbers of final editions this year, it will be interesting to see how they deliver 5000 Emiras over the next year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mayak said:

When did you order yours? I ordered mine (Sport 390) on the 30th of March and it is supposed to arrive in September (which week I don't know). I haven't contacted my dealership though, if it has been moved out.

Ordered 19 May or thereabouts - I took over a dealer build slot, but I don't think that counts in the queue until a deposit is put down.

2 hours ago, Matt W said:

Though if Lotus can't deliver double-digit numbers of final editions this year, it will be interesting to see how they deliver 5000 Emiras over the next year. 

That's what the brand new assembly hall is for :)

On 30/07/2021 at 08:56, jonwat said:

Interesting that in the article they weighed the car at 1218kg rather than the claimed 1138kg, which could be down to fluids, but 80kg is 80litres, so seems unlikely. Unless that's weight with a driver, though I read the driver weight for EU is 75kg.

On 30/07/2021 at 10:53, TTim said:

Getting closer.. 

Hopefully next week.

cid_121.jpeg

Well this is technically mine, but i can't go pick it up because of a covid lockdown. First time we have had any meaningful covid in over a year and it just so happens to coincide with pick up!

25 minutes ago, John Torr said:

Here they are :D  The car is incredible, even only revving up to 4000..  can't wait for some good weather to get the roof off too..  I hope you enjoy picking yours up next week!

IMG_7923.jpeg

IMG_7922.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

IMG_7920.jpeg

Looks fantastic! Hope the running in isn’t too frustrating.

I hear Jamie is now on holiday chatting to Antonia @ B&C so I will be patient for mine.

Thanks! Yeah the running in is a bit frustrating to be honest.. I'm flooring it up to 4000 rpm occasionally.. Jamie said after 500 miles you can go up to 4,500 rpm and every 50 miles you can thrash the hell out of it for 1 minute all the way up to the top of the rev limit.  I think I might just go for it after 500 miles though to be honest..  If you're gonna wait until Jamie is back it might be best to delay until 1st September when you can get the new 71 plate.  Be sure to post pics when you get yours.. Azure blue was my fav when the s1 Elise first came out.. great colour :)