free hit
counters
Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet? - Page 8 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet?

Matt W

16 hours ago, DangerousDave said:

I have a hardtop car so there are more parts required to make the softtop work but still thats alot more......

This was dealers response

This is for the complete kit with labour taxes and we need to remove, do a special cut on the car  etc

They seem to be telling you that this is a lot of work and using expensive parts - it's definitely NOT!

The 'extra' parts cost about £20, and the 'special cuts' take about half an hour maximum. If you have a Dremel or even an ordinary electric drill and a couple of small files it's dead easy to do it yourself.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 31/12/2021 at 01:50, DangerousDave said:

I have a hardtop car so there are more parts required to make the softtop work but still thats alot more......

This was dealers response

This is for the complete kit with labour taxes and we need to remove, do a special cut on the car  etc

That seems crazy. Like others have stated, cut is really simple and clips are cheap. My dealer priced labour time to 220 eur (tax included) or less to do the conversion.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2021 at 06:31, 390ja said:

I often have that same issue of seeing blue lights out the rear view mirror!

as far as I’m aware, central lotus are still waiting for my soft top nearly a year on, I ended up taking one they had in stock with a cosmetic imperfection and having it remade by Allon White

I picked up one of these to have red light instead and no wireless BT garbage frying me. Imagine it should be a direct plug and play.

Sony CDX-G1200U 55Wx4ch max CD Receiver with USB and Aux Inputs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is i've got a carbon roof. The fact that the front and rear hatches are dull really makes them stand out. I would attempt to get them painted but with the way the mesh is I just dont trust the painters to not screw it up. Had I done it all over again I would have just gotten a soft top then get all the roof/and hatches cf from KT

@TTim

Just a piece of information : their product list looks awesome (and I think they are the provider for Komotec carbon hard-tops)

Their facebook page disappeared few months ago, they were posting regularly. I had a chat with them about hard-tops, price was nice but I had worries about shipment and import taxes - for France - (and real quality). I don't know if it is a bad sign, but be aware

Edited by fjc27

Well the good thing about the 390 or maybe just mine is that it doesn't come with cruise control so i can cut these suckers off and put these on

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/products/billet-aluminum-indicator-wiper-stalk-kit-for-elise-exige?_pos=1&_sid=49a616e17&_ss=r

On 02/02/2022 at 05:02, TTim said:

https://www.the-chariot.com/product-category/exige-v6/

I haven't used these guys so no idea on quality but they do list the parts you want.

I'm in a similar situation. I think I will do the front hatch first, then maybe paint the roof.

Would really like to do something about the 390 wing as well.

Pricing is similar to Komotec

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The cruise control was an optional ~ USD 150 option. I ordered the cruise control in my 390, as I will be often driving to the alps, which is like 100km autobahn.

Oh and PS. I am still waiting for my Exige 😆

Edited by mayak

On 14/08/2021 at 11:39, ramjet said:

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

So what details about it can you give us, or is it going to be a surprise?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Oh wow @ramjet, I never read your message until today :shock: Apologies for that and thanks for the welcome :))

My Exige configuration is rather boring but let's keep it a surprise and I'll do a introduction once it finally arrives ;)

Now that most of us have their 390s, do you have any regrets about options you picked or you haven't picked while speccing?

I'm happy that I went with black pack delete and yellow just looks bonkers. I was very sceptical of my color decision in this thread but everything is forgotten now. I didn't spec interior color pack however, I wonder if that would look even better, I thought it would be too much.
I probably should pick noise insulation as road noise is really high on highway. Cruise control would be nice, but I think stick would be in the way (i'm pretty tall).
I love alcantara, I just need to find something to clean it properly and maintain it for long time.
I didn't take any carbon, I'm fine with that. I didn't know that front splitter comes in carbon however.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Matt W said:

Wish I'd added the uprated brakes, but I'll do that in the spring,

Can I ask why you're upgrading so soon? 

The only difference in the the 410/430 brakes is the disc used, and even then they're the same diameter. 

For general road use the brakes seem fine, but they lack any initial bite and any faster driving means leaning on them quite hard. Looking to change pads initially as I intend to track the car mostly so would like a better initial feel. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I agree. The brakes generally are great, it’s just about finding a pad which you’re happy with. The standard pads do work pretty well, even on track, but there’s no denying their lack of bite. 

A fair few people have fitted the PF08 pads, but some have found them to be quite aggressive on the discs. 

I’ve just fitted some Pagid RS29 all round. I’ve found them great on previous cars, so hopefully they’ll be the same on the Exige. Got my first track day of the year on the 28th Feb, so will see how they compare. 

• Like 1

I've read a lot of people recommending the RC5+ pads, apparently there's a small amount of squeal but not so bad even for road use. Ideally after some that arnt too dusty. But I'll check the ones you mentioned, thanks for that. 

Otherwise I'll keep looking at lighter carbon bits and battery. Though I think the driver is probably in most need of weight loss!