free hit
counters
Esprit Windshield - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit Windshield

libby

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilkington has a contact somewhere on the Web, identifies as for Classics and does answer inquiries regarding Esprit. May or may not have stock.

1 hour ago, drdoom said:

Pilkington has a contact somewhere on the Web, identifies as for Classics and does answer inquiries regarding Esprit. May or may not have stock.

Thanks for that drdoom.I did contact them and they will make one but the problem is they want $600(pounds) just for the shipping !

9 hours ago, libby said:

I did contact them [Pilkington] and they will make one but the problem is they want $600(pounds) just for the shipping !

They can still provide Stevens windscreens?  Please verify.

Last I heard Pilkington had discontinued producing their line of  'classic' 'screens.  Owners in the USA previously could get them from Ohio.

• Automotive Glass Replacement

• General Inquiries: Phone +1 800-282-1986, Fax +1 253-645-4077, Email: [email protected]

If they are doing sporadic batches it would would be great! (The more inquires, the better)

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

1 hour ago, CarBuff said:

They can still provide Stevens windscreens?  Please verify.

Last I heard Pilkington had discontinued producing their line of  'classic' 'screens.  Owners in the USA previously could get them from Ohio.

• Automotive Glass Replacement

• General Inquiries: Phone +1 800-282-1986, Fax +1 253-645-4077, Email: [email protected]

If they are doing sporadic batches it would would be great! (The more inquires, the better)

Yes they will make them as needed. Price is not too bad at $550-600 pounds depending on colour and tint but its the price of shipping from the UK that I cant stomach.

I did see a 'Wheeler Dealers' episode from US based series where they took a damaged windscreen to a US factory where they then 3d scanned it, found a similar match from a vast array of templates in stock from numerous car manufacturers in their database, and then cut the nearest match to an exact size.

Being so flat, I'd imagine you have a good chance of finding a match.

If I can find the episode link I'll send it to you - but someone may better remember the company details? 

here's a link with. more details:

https://www.topgearbox.com/cars/entertainment/wheeler-dealers/episodes/wd-series-14/wheeler-dealers-s14-e4-1973-saab-96/

2 hours ago, DaKa said:

I did see a 'Wheeler Dealers' episode from US based series where they took a damaged windscreen to a US factory where they then 3d scanned it, found a similar match from a vast array of templates in stock from numerous car manufacturers in their database, and then cut the nearest match to an exact size.

Being so flat, I'd imagine you have a good chance of finding a match.

If I can find the episode link I'll send it to you - but someone may better remember the company details? 

here's a link with. more details:

https://www.topgearbox.com/cars/entertainment/wheeler-dealers/episodes/wd-series-14/wheeler-dealers-s14-e4-1973-saab-96/

Taking this inventive approach, one might expect the '80's Ford Aerostar van to come up close.