free hit
counters
Evora S front splitter options - anyone fitted? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi All,

I have a 2013 Evora SR which already has the side barge boards fitted. I was interested in getting a front splitter to match having seen a few pictures of others as I think it will make the front look a bit more aggressive and complement the rest of the car. I'm struggling to find anyone in the UK that can supply these. To be honest it's mostly for the look although if it gives a touch more downforce as well that would be a bonus :) My car looks very similar to the white and black SR in this thread link although I have a couple of other subtle aesthetic mods with the carbon fibre intake scoops and carbon fibre mirror covers (still to fit). I guess that was my inspiration for the front splitter but the suppliers listed in the thread no longer seem to be available. 

So far options seem to be GRP in the US who do a nice version in black gloss aluminum that looks similar to factory 430 one - https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/evora-exterior-styling/products/grp-splitters-for-evora (they also have carbon but I want it to match the existing black gloss barge boards and sports racer larger black gloss diffuser on my car)

Elise shop do a CF or GRP one as well but it's more pricey - https://www.elise-shop.com/front-splitter-in-grp-or-carbon-fibre-evora-evora-s-up-to-evora-400-p-524671.html

Komotek also seem to do a 2 piece one but not sure I'm a fan of the look - https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-evora/na/exterieur/148/frontsplitter-2pieces-evora

Anyone had any experiences of any of these or know of any alternatives? It would be good to get any thoughts on quality, fitting and experience after fitment before I shell out the money :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As the quote says, the splitters were done by @TBDa member based in Germany.

IIRC he sold the design to Komotec so the Komotec ones should at least be very similar. The fitted on the front under tray using longer screws (supplied) through existing holes.

Now the bad news, from memory the Komotec price is around double what TBD charged, although I doubt that he made any profit whatsoever in supplying those that purchased from him.

38 minutes ago, JimH said:

Remember to add import duty and VAT to anything bought from outside of the UK now that we've Brexited..... 

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Yes that's a good reminder of us shooting ourselves in the foot. I tried to order something else from Elise Shop recently and they have a EUR100 minimum order to UK now thanks to Brexit. 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, PaulCP said:

As the quote says, the splitters were done by @TBDa member based in Germany.

IIRC he sold the design to Komotec so the Komotec ones should at least be very similar. The fitted on the front under tray using longer screws (supplied) through existing holes.

Now the bad news, from memory the Komotec price is around double what TBD charged, although I doubt that he made any profit whatsoever in supplying those that purchased from him.

Thanks for the info @JimH - the Komotec price seems a bit steep compared to the other options to me.