free hit
counters
Type 131 GT4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Type 131 GT4

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'd imagine that they will 👍

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So by the time they launch it I may be even more retired than I am already.

I'd have to bribe the wife a lot to buy that as well as the gt430.

Article also says 

It is known that the Type 131 retains the Toyota-based V6 of the Evora, again mounted transversely.

I'm all for motorsport. Lotus belongs in that Arena but something about GT4 tells je that there will be a higher profile program at some point. GT4 is customer racing and Lotus needs a factory effort to raise their profile. GT3 could have done it and GTLM would also allow it but GT4 almost prevents it. Still good to know that the race car is being developed alongside the road car.

• 2 weeks later...

Team up with Prodrive for the race cars would make sense. They know what they are doing. I agree on the statement above regarding classes. GT3 and LeMans series have higher profile.