free hit
counters
OEM UV Protection Shower Cap for Evora - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Can I please have a show of hands for an OEM UV resistant shower cap for the Evora?

Made from a waterproof, hydrophobic stretch material (think similar to a soft shell jacket) it would attach via clips to the wheel arches and cover the car glass entirely. Seconds to fit and remove and complete protection from UV and water ingress. 

Price is tbc but I think it's an excellent idea and will definitely be having one for mine. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine lives outside all year round and doesn't leak at all......

To give you a better idea

Bibs is gifting to all Evora owners since he joined the gang!

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Will there be any form of anti-theft protection?

It will be tailor made to the Evora so useless to anyone else unless they have one too. That's about it, it's stretched and clipped to the wheel arches, not sure there's much that can be done. 

I used one on my Elise for years and it didn't get pinched if that helps. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'd be a maybe depending on price.

I've actually been pondering why one doesn't exist as they are standard issue for Caterham owners. An Evora one could solve water ingress issues, protect the dashboard and keep temperature down (think of that black roof). 

I'd be definitely interested from the rain prevention angle.

Would it be fairly windproof?

Edited by Reindeer
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, djmoore said:

Yes, I’m in (pending its cost). These cars leak more than an elderly relative. 

Mine lives outside all year round and doesn't leak at all......

• Like 2

@Bibs do we have any idea of total cost, to include VAT & p+p?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

On 20/04/2021 at 09:37, Bibs said:

Can I please have a show of hands for an OEM UV resistant shower cap for the Evora?

Made from a waterproof, hydrophobic stretch material (think similar to a soft shell jacket) it would attach via clips to the wheel arches and cover the car glass entirely. Seconds to fit and remove and complete protection from UV and water ingress. 

Price is tbc but I think it's an excellent idea and will definitely be having one for mine. 

... Bibs,  mine lives outside on the drive and all sorts of detritus from trees collects in the trough in front of the windscreen, blocking the drain holes. Have to move the wiper and stall it with ignition off to get all of it out and it's a right P I T A.  Can it please be designed to cover that trough? 

P.S.  Covering Radiator exit vents too would be good. Just seen I've got moss growing below those! That needs an undertray removal!20210425_131800.thumb.jpg.06de7de9cffe65c7f538fb58c53fd457.jpg

Edited by phil flash
P.S. added

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

5 hours ago, phil flash said:

... Bibs,  mine lives outside on the drive and all sorts of detritus from trees collects in the trough in front of the windscreen, blocking the drain holes. Have to move the wiper and stall it with ignition off to get all of it out and it's a right P I T A.  Can it please be designed to cover that trough? 

That trough drains straight down over the pipework clipped to the bulkhead and caused my corroded pipe so covering that would be ideal, although it would make the design trickier.

To give you a better idea :thumbup:

TLF (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 2

Evora NA

Bit worried about black 'cooking' the paintwork beneath it on the Evora when in the sun.  Can you do silver so I don't have to do this in the south of France? 

20190710_221133.jpg

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

@Bibs any news on cost and availability of the shower cap?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Not quite mate, but won't be long now I hope. 👍

Evora NA