free hit
counters
Car mechanics on drugs - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Car mechanics on drugs

At 8.20am this morning a Transit van pulled up outside our house. From my first floor window I could see the passenger rolling a joint, which he shared with the driver and then followed this up by firing up a bong. God knows what was in it, but he snorted so deeply that he made himself gag. Again he passed it to the driver, who also had a go. All done, the passenger tidied up and hid the evidence in the glovebox and off they went. 
As the van drove off I realised that they were both mechanics at the dodgy car repair shop down the road. So they just get off their faces by 8.30am and head off for a shift repairing other people’s cars! What is the world coming to?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can imagine that the cars will get wrecked, not the mechanics :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well when you see the rusty old wrecks abandoned outside the place, it’s no surprise that the mechanics are junkies. No-one in their right mind (literally) would ever leave their car with them. Fortunately for them, our little town is full of like-minded drug users and dealers, so they always seem to be “busy”.

• Haha 1

Send an email to your local Police or contact them online via "Report a crime" section. Give them the reg number, what you saw and where they work. You can do this anonymously.

They will put an Information Report on the reg number of the van meaning when seen by Police driving either their camera or checks will say to stop the vehicle for signs of drugs and/or drugs checks to be done on the driver.

If they end up killing someone off their face at least you will have done your bit.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Well I'm not condoning it but - In the late 80's, when I worked for the Inland Revenue (Worthing), we had 2 licenced bars on site. which were open at lunchtime and after work.  It was routine to have maybe 4 pints at lunchtime and then carry on into the evening, which didn't seem to trouble the management at all.   I dont like the idea of people driving around 'under the influence', but apart from that. I suspect its just the drug(s) of choice that have changed over the last few decades.      

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

It was routine to have maybe 4 pints

First day at work. 18 years old. Taken to the pub by the shift leader for lunch. He had 8 pints. Then went back to work. Then got on his Honda VFR750 (I think it was, lovely bike) to ride the 40 miles or so home to Chester!

Later on, a tad older (but not much), went out for lunch on a Friday with the team at 1230. Got home on Sunday afternoon. Still have no idea what really happened!

These days you'd get sacked for sniffing a pint at work, yet back then they had the onsite sports and social club with cheap drinks and food!  Progress some people call it. hahaha

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 21/04/2021 at 08:05, 910Esprit said:

Well I'm not condoning it but - In the late 80's, when I worked for the Inland Revenue (Worthing), we had 2 licenced bars on site. which were open at lunchtime and after work.  It was routine to have maybe 4 pints at lunchtime and then carry on into the evening, which didn't seem to trouble the management at all.   I dont like the idea of people driving around 'under the influence', but apart from that. I suspect its just the drug(s) of choice that have changed over the last few decades.      

That used to be normal practice in my industry too and nobody considered it unreasonable at the time. Even the guys working in the factory would regularly go out for a few lunchtime pints before returning and operating potentially dangerous machinery. 

But then back in the 60’s when I started driving, it was still considered socially acceptable to drive out to the pub to meet your mates in the evening and down 8 or more pints before driving back home again. 

I believe in Japan at that time, drunkenness could even be used as a mitigating factor in causing an accident.  

Different times. 

Back in 1969/70 my dad went to Germany for training before we went to Gove to work for Nabalco. When he came back he told us how the operators that were training them would regularly go to the pub at lunch and have at least 4 beers followed with Schnapps chasers.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Start of last year I was in Malmo at a clients site - energy company - beer tap at the end of the lunch counters. Help yourself!  I can't handle drinking at lunchtime and working.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Oh the good old days.

I remember, when I started working, there was no email and internet. The only tech l I had on my desk was a phone and a calculator. When you wen to the the Pub for lunch, you were at lunch, there was no mobile or email to get a hold of you. Equally when you were on holiday

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

I think the Navy used to do something like this too :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

All I know is that I had a quick snifter before laying into @Doulou's SE today, and next thing I know I'm looking at this pile.

image.thumb.png.7b306c4a20739fd88a4b94c2eed24bd2.png

• Confused 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Ideal. You’ll be able to use the largest item (top right) to roll the Rizla’s around for the perfect skinning up and one of the small lugs with the hole as a filter. 😜

#Smokin

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

On 21/04/2021 at 00:41, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Well when you see the rusty old wrecks abandoned outside the place, it’s no surprise that the mechanics are junkies. No-one in their right mind (literally) would ever leave their car with them. Fortunately for them, our little town is full of like-minded drug users and dealers, so they always seem to be “busy”.

Maybe the Rusty wrecks are there having just been dropped off?

Customer: Hey guys, do you think you can do anything with this?

Mechanics: No worries! Leave it out the front beside the other wreck. A bit of double cut and 2 weeks, it’ll be ready. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.