free hit
counters
Volk 5 lug 17/18 for 390 final edition - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Volk 5 lug 17/18 for 390 final edition

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
27 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

@keith84_hk AFAIK that set is still using an adapter, iirc on the front axle. But if not, even better. Those sets still available? 

They didn't mention about the adaptor in their product description and looks like the wheel specs listed on the website are spot on for Exige V6 too?

17 x 8J ET26

18 x 10J ET35

I think they are still available as I've seen people putting on not long ago in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive checked all japanese brand wheels.....the only wheeels that fit exige are from advan and the only wheel that fits exige is the advan RZ. They make the 110 for the front and they make in exact lotus dimensions of 17x7.5 + 26 and 18x10 +35

The advan 18x10 RZ is a flow formed forged wheel so not true 100% forged but they weigh 19.6pounds(8.9kg) which is lighter than the factory lotus forged 10 spoke wheel at 9.5kg. I dont know weight of the front advan RZ bit its safe to say if would be lighter than oem seeing as the rear spec is.

All the volks and works wheels make the rear for exige as thats the common 114.3 but no 110 for front. 

If volk are now making a special wheel just for lotus id be surprised. Ive seen a few knock off volk wheels being offered for exige and the label them 'reys' wheels instead of 'rays wheels' in te37 and ze40 fitment. Be weary of the knock offs

https://garageshimaya.com/en/product-category/outer-plus-parts-on-line-store/wheels-tyres

This website seems to claim that volk offers a TE37 and ZE40 wheel in oem lotus fitment for the front at 17x7.5 +26 in 110 pcd.......however, when u go to volk genuine website, these sizes arnt offered....

That 5 star wheel they offer looks not bad though

On 06/05/2021 at 15:54, Sotirios said:

Ive checked all japanese brand wheels.....the only wheeels that fit exige are from advan and the only wheel that fits exige is the advan RZ. They make the 110 for the front and they make in exact lotus dimensions of 17x7.5 + 26 and 18x10 +35

The advan 18x10 RZ is a flow formed forged wheel so not true 100% forged but they weigh 19.6pounds(8.9kg) which is lighter than the factory lotus forged 10 spoke wheel at 9.5kg. I dont know weight of the front advan RZ bit its safe to say if would be lighter than oem seeing as the rear spec is.

All the volks and works wheels make the rear for exige as thats the common 114.3 but no 110 for front. 

If volk are now making a special wheel just for lotus id be surprised. Ive seen a few knock off volk wheels being offered for exige and the label them 'reys' wheels instead of 'rays wheels' in te37 and ze40 fitment. Be weary of the knock offs

https://garageshimaya.com/en/product-category/outer-plus-parts-on-line-store/wheels-tyres

This website seems to claim that volk offers a TE37 and ZE40 wheel in oem lotus fitment for the front at 17x7.5 +26 in 110 pcd.......however, when u go to volk genuine website, these sizes arnt offered....

That 5 star wheel they offer looks not bad though

They are offering 110 front and 114.3 rear. No adaptor needed.

I can confirm this as I had their ZE40 fitted on my car.

Garage Shimaya is a reputed Lotus dealer / parts supplier in Japan, so Rays makes special size for them which you don't see them on the official website.

On 06/05/2021 at 16:56, Kristof Thys said:

Exactly why I said you need an adapter on the front to accommodate the 110 PCD.  Thanks for confirming this @Sotirios

You really don't need an adapter ☺️

5606e607-f220-469a-9b14-8af66cd8ec41.JPG

045279b6-10a3-4b1e-88ce-da3838058c0c.JPG

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

@keith84_hk excuse my ignorance, but those wheels aren't TE37's? 

Sorry @Kristof Thys because @Sotirios was saying both TE37 and ZE40 ain't producing 5 x100 PCD so I am trying to say they do make it for the local distributors but not listed on their official website. So hope it helps ☺️

20 hours ago, keith84_hk said:

Garage Shimaya is a reputed Lotus dealer / parts supplier in Japan, so Rays makes special size for them which you don't see them on the official website.

That is good to know. Those ZE40 look good on the red exige!!

20 hours ago, keith84_hk said:

did u ever get a chance to weigh those ze40 before putting on car?

@Sotirios They weight around 6.6Kg in the front and 8.6Kg at the back, not particular light despite being forged as they're running slightly more aggressive offset and wider front than factory forged. I think Advan RZII is great value for money and they look brilliant but they only available in 9.5J at the back which is not ideal for 380/410/430 owners who needs to run 285 tyres.

@keith84_hk the advan RZ is offered in 18x10 + 35 i have looked into it.

those ze40 look great, i think the spoke pattern is nicer than the advans as the advans are a 5star twin spoke design wheras the ze40 is 10 spoke evenly spaced. If those ze40 do weigh 6.6kg front and 8.6 rear, that is still lighter than lotus forged 10 spoke wheels which weigh 6.8kg front and 9.6kg rear. i wouldnt mind getting a set actually