free hit
counters
Interview on Monday - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Interview on Monday

ramjet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Good luck with the interview.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Thanks. I think it would be a great job. That is, if a job can be classified as great.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

I wonder if they would be interested in an employee that could bring them an Esprit S4? I wonder if they have tried talking to Lotus before?

If you just want to let them know you're into cars, rock up the S4. I'm sure they'd prefer car nuts to not if a decision on who to take on went down to the wire.

Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

What Bibbo said! Good luck Mate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The first interview is with the placement company. I presume if I get through to a second interview, then that would be with the client.

I might still take the S4 to the first interview though.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Thanks everyone.

I was just reading the information on CRs website on BENEFITS.

They quote that their wheels are 40% lighter. They then go on to say that this helps with acceleration, braking, steering etc.

Lotus are masters at handling dynamics. I presume in my ignorance, that they use dampers with certain rates as well as spring rates that are suited to the fitted rims and tyres. Yes, we all change tyre brands, but I highly doubt that there would even be 10% weight difference between tyre brands. So if these rims are 40% lighter, that is a massive weight difference with respect to the unsprung weight on each corner. Surely that would involve changes to the dampers and spring rates to ensure that everything was matched to work correctly?

It can't be as simple as just changing the rims that are part of a system? Or is it?

And I did take the S4 which has made an impression on the recruiter.

• Like 2

Nice! Are they submitting your details to the company?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

With regard to wheel weight, here's what I think-

The lighter weight will make it easier when you take the wheel off the car and put it back on.

The lower mass of the wheel will mean that it needs less force to make it move. There will be less inertia in respect to that movement. There will be less of a flywheel effect. There will be less gyroscopic effect.

However, with regard to suspension damping and springs I think it will have a minimal effect as that will probably have more to do with the mass of the whole car and it's relationship with the changing road surface.

Happy for someone to correct my errors.

Just to provide a bit more info.

The forces acting on the suspension unit (springs and damper). At the top, pushing down, is the mass of the whole car that is sprung. At the bottom, pushing up, are the mass of the whole world, plus the wheel, plus the hub, plus the swing arm.

The difference in wheel mass should have a minimal effect on the suspension.

On 26/04/2021 at 19:14, Bibs said:

Nice! Are they submitting your details to the company?

Yep. The guy that I spoke to today said he was real impressed when he first read my resume online and he is hoping that CR think the same thing.

22 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

The claims of better acceleration and braking are probably relying on a lighter flywheel effect and better steering are probably relying on less gyroscopic effect?

I understand those, but how are jounce and rebound affected?

---------------------------

I also have another question for people.

Would you take a job repairing old conveyor belts and machinery making fertiliser, or would you work for a company making carbon fibre rims with state of the art equipment for what I would expect be an ever-growing market with electric cars etc.?

The kicker? The fertiliser job potentially pays $20~30k more per year.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you are evaluating it as a long term career post, working on state of the art equipment in an exciting field has a lot appeal. Particularly if the company has good prospects for growth and advancement. 

If it just a job,  go for the extra money and buy a set of carbon wheels for your Lotus. 

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Yes good luck Michael. As for your dilemma, what are your considerations about being at the leading edge of a future career or looking towards retiring sooner than later?

DanR

Hi DanR. The job that paid more just rang and told me they were not progressing any further.

Hopefully, I get the job with CRs. I actually did tell the interviewer that of all jobs I have ever worked at, this one excites me more than anything else I have applied for. Wait and see.

7 hours ago, ramjet said:

I understand those, but how are jounce and rebound affected?

I'm not smart enough to know but, I would have thought the forces from the mass of the car and the mass of the planet would be the most significant. I suppose if you ignore the mass of the car and planet the smaller mass of the wheel would mean the inertia will be less when it moves up and down, allowing it to change position quicker but wouldn't that then be controlled by the damper?

I'm a bit out of my league here.

If I do get anywhere with these guys, trust me, the Esprit will be driven down there and I would make an effort to try something with Lotus.

No idea how, but that's a puzzle for another day.

Mind you, as these guys make the carbon fibre rims for the Ferrari 488 Pista, I can't imagine that they haven't contacted a lot of sports car companies worldwide?